What are they doing

MUP

We caught a dude walking down the powerline at 4am last week. Behind posted signs, fairly thick. No rifle. But 4am???

Just can't figure out people
I've gotten pics of trespassers in the middle of my property, at 4:30 in the morning, on a Wednesday. I pulled that card and swapped in a new one and went home to check the pics and saw him then. I went back out in a couple of weeks and my cam was gone. 😠 No good can come from someone being on your property at those times IMO.

backyardtndeer

I've gotten pics of trespassers in the middle of my property, at 4:30 in the morning, on a Wednesday. I pulled that card and swapped in a new one and went home to check the pics and saw him then. I went back out in a couple of weeks and my cam was gone. 😠 No good can come from someone being on your property at those times IMO.
I don't remember if the Moultrie that I have down there has no glow emitters, but it does have a cable lock on it. Maybe they saw it.

Oh, and should I consider a couple 30 rd mag dumps into the dirt next time they are back here....

Last edited:

DC219

I think I'd try to meet them and possibly get to know them. They're your neighbors, so it makes sense to try to start off on the right foot. Having them as neighbors may be a long term deal. It would be a lot better if you're on good terms. Hopefully, there's a reasonable explanation for what they're doing. Good luck

Topshelf

It's fine line. For example , if you walk a boundary line to mark it, you're going to break the plane of your neighbors boundary every time. Hopefully you would just get along well enough to understand that and it's not an issue. I know I do that all the time walking boundaries but it's no issue for anyone, myself included. Very different from blatantly crossing over and doing something. My opinion, if you're really concerned, you would need to catch them actually within your property, not just on a border. The helmet lights look exactly like what alot of Coon hunters wear.
I agree 100% almost seems these days folks wanna have say so over what their neighbors do. I suggest you do you and let them do them until you catch them doing something wrong. Anybody ever thought maybe they're going to check a camera or something of that nature?

XCR-2

I'm on my property at all hours of day and night. Doesn't mean anything. It's my property. If you have all these questions about what their doin on their property then you better hope he doesn't find a camera pointed at his property.

backyardtndeer

Anybody ever thought maybe they're going to check a camera or something of that nature?
Four of them with two side by sides at around 9pm on Sunday nights, and at least one of them carrying a gun, to check cameras? If they were checking a camera, they could do it in a lot less intrusive way.
Find the owner's phone number and call him.
I know his name, and have looked for a phone number on Google, but no luck. I will check with the boy that used to own it and see if he has a number for him.
I agree 100% almost seems these days folks wanna have say so over what their neighbors do. I suggest you do you and let them do them until you catch them doing something wrong.
Them doing them on their own property would be fine, but they walked past my camera going one direction that looked to be taking them further past the line onto me, and only one of them came back by my camera 12 minutes later. That's why I asked if anyone might know what they are doing. I am pretty sure they are not recovering a deer and I highly doubt they are walking boundaries or checking cameras. From what replies I have gotten here, it is also unlikely that they are coon hunting.
What ever they are doing it's obviously not good
That's my concern. I live here, with my family.

Last edited:

backyardtndeer

If you have all these questions about what their doin on their property then you better hope he doesn't find a camera pointed at his property.
Why? My camera is on my property aimed at the channel where deer cross, it is not pointed directly at his property, but even if it was, why should I hope he doesn't find out. If he wants to put up a camera facing the line I have no problem with it, far as I know he may have cameras all over his place.

chris1976

Four of them with two side by sides at around 9pm on Sunday nights, and at least one of them carrying a gun, to check cameras? If they were checking a camera, they could do it in a lot less intrusive way.

I know his name, and have looked for a phone number on Google, but no luck. I will check with the boy that used to own it and see if he has a number for him.

Them doing them on their own property would be fine, but they walked past my camera going one direction that looked to be taking them further past the line onto me, and only one of them came back by my camera 12 minutes later. That's why I asked if anyone might know what they are doing. I am pretty sure they are not recovering a deer and I highly doubt they are walking boundaries or checking cameras. From what replies I have gotten here, it is also unlikely that they are coon hunting.

That's my concern. I live here, with my family.
Don't you think if they wanted to hurt your family or have bad intentions for you or your property you would already know. I get that it's a little unsettling to have people around your house at night but from all the available information they have done nothing wrong. I would put money on coon hunters. They look just like every coon hunter I have ever seen. Good luck

Latest posts