They are wearing my garden crimson clover out

woodyard

IMG_3744.jpeg
Been hitting hit it nearly every night. Most likely a group of two older and two younger does. This spot has a house about 40ft on one side, a greenhouse bordering it on one end and it is about 60 ft from our house.

woodyard

The deer are POUNDING my Crimson Clover plots and have been since September. This is the first year ever that my plots weren't eaten down to bare dirt by this time of year.
This is the first year they have ever eaten much on this garden plot. Been sowing it for probably 20 something years.I think we were short on acorns around here probably from the early drought we had last summer. Heavy crop in 2022.

redblood

The deer are POUNDING my Crimson Clover plots and have been since September. This is the first year ever that my plots weren't eaten down to bare dirt by this time of year.
great looking plot. im going to do some spring clover plantings. what kind do you recommend for frost seeding

BSK

great looking plot. im going to do some spring clover plantings. what kind do you recommend for frost seeding
I've never frost seeded. The above pictured plot is from simply mowing the plots in spring just after the crimson blooms have finished and turned brown. And the critical thing is we did no ground turning after mowing. The strange thing is, the naturally reseeded Crimson Clover seed did not germinate until August.

Smo

I just sowed a mixture of ladino & Crimson clover Saturday before the snow…

My first attempt at frost seeding, as mentioned above it's been way too dry the past couple of Fall too plant…
Hopefully this stuff will take off!

rem270

This reminds me that I need to sow my clover plot over the already established plot. Would've been a perfect time to do it before the snow.

Last year I planted the whole plot in buck forage oats with throw and grow mixed in with it. The clover had to take off this year from the throw and grow mixed last year. It was about as perfect of a clover plot as you can get without weeding. There weren't hardly any weeds or grass at all in it.

I noticed this year the deer picked the clover over the oats. I planted beside it and extended out from last year, leaving the clover alone.

Last year, they wore the oats out. Not sure what the difference was this year.

redblood

This reminds me that I need to sow my clover plot over the already established plot. Would've been a perfect time to do it before the snow.

Last year I planted the whole plot in buck forage oats with throw and grow mixed in with it. The clover had to take off this year from the throw and grow mixed last year. It was about as perfect of a clover plot as you can get without weeding. There weren't hardly any weeds or grass at all in it.

I noticed this year the deer picked the clover over the oats. I planted beside it and extended out from last year, leaving the clover alone.

Last year, they wore the oats out. Not sure what the difference was this year.
Ive never had much success with oats

Latest posts