Warm weather rut?

tsc

Will a warm weather rut in November equal a stronger 2nd rut in December???? If the bucks can't cover as much ground will more does go unbred and a higher amount come in again in 30 days later? Is that what the 2nd rut is,unbred does or is it late born does???

tree_ghost

tsc":2ys8pwf5 said:
Will a warm weather rut in November equal a stronger 2nd rut in December???? If the bucks can't cover as much ground will more does go unbred and a higher amount come in again in 30 days later? Is that what the 2nd rut is,unbred does or is it late born does???
I don't believe this is the case. The rut will still happen and the majority of does will be bred in November. The difference is that your not going to see near as much action as if it were cold because the deer will be most active at night in the cooler temps. December breeding or the second rut will be a product of young does coming into estrous for the first time and whatever does weren't breed in November will come in again. You may see more rutting action in daylight hours if the temps are colder but statistically speaking there will not be more breeding than in November...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

jb3

Day or night, if you have does in estrous, that buck will go on the the next one when he's through with the previous. He may stop to catch his breath, but he ain't waiting long.

tsc

Do more bucks die from stress in the warm weather rut? I wouldn't guess so?

catman529

Deer were coming out yesterday evening and I'm hoping to see one this evening and get a shot at one more doe before I buck hunt the rest of the month. If the does are still coming out to feed, I imagine the bucks won't have any trouble coming out to chase some during the day. Might be a little less during the day than usual, but we all know how a rutted up buck can be

megalomaniac

A warm November will have no bearing on the intensity of the rut come December. However, a hunters observation of the rut may change depending on the weather.

PillsburyDoughboy

General consensus seems to be the same. Deer are going to rut more during the night time hours than the daytime hours with these warmer temps,

That's why it's critical to be in the stand in the wee hours of the AM close to a bedding area. The nastier the bedding Dara the better if your looking for a dominate buck.. Hang close to doe trails and pinch points if your just looking for meat . Any High traffic areas are going to be better than setting up on food plots during this time.

Don't ignore watering holes and if I dare say it don't be afraid to break out a call or two if your going to hunt mid day.

I'll use every tool in the tool box during the rut especially during these warm ruts where deer tend to rut more at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLTENNHUNTER1

I'll check the forecast a few days before I arrive in mid November. I'll lay money on the table and play the odds that it will be low 60's in the day with low 40's at night. Weathermen can't forecast accurately more than about 3 days out.

DMAG

As soon as I read the post I thought of BSK, Would someone please hang his jersey up in the locker room, he has forgot more then I will ever know about deer hunting.