Vols looked better than last year

buckaroo

Especially the defense, running game looked better, only our punter seemed to have nerves, guess first game jitters coming from Australia, what do you think?

THEdonkey0515

Gotta remember the vols struggled against a Pittsburgh team with a 3ed string QB last year had to take it to OT. then a 6 win UF made Everyone nervous at home week 3

we won't know about This team till week 3/4. I believe they will be fine

THEdonkey0515

Especially the defense, running game looked better, only our punter seemed to have nerves, guess first game jitters coming from Australia, what do you think?
*running Backs looked legit went 3 deep all game everyone of the can make plays. Oline looked alright hope Cooper can come back soon.

special Team unit has work to do

Grandslam11

we won't know about This team till week 3/4. I believe they will be fine
I agree. It's hard to get a good read on week 1. I thought we did what we needed to do. No one looked at Hooker after the Pitt game last year thinking he could potentially be a heisman. He had to build that throughout the season.

Virginia wasn't great but they are better that a lot of other teams faced in Week 1 throughout the SEC

deerfanatic

Ran against a weak defensive front that was playing to take away deep passes. About what you would expect under those circumstances. Did all they could do an A for the offense on an easy pop quiz. Think the playbook was kept very vanilla because we knew Virginia wouldn't be a huge test. Waiting to see Thornton light it up. Think he's gonna be huge in the offense. Defensive line looked the part. Pearce looks to be a stud in the making and west too. Was supposed to not see Arion Carter featured some. Would like the d backs to turn and look for the ball so jury is out on them. I think the punter was just nerves. Pretty intimidating environment for your first game and it's in a foreign country to you playing your first ever American football game. Dee Williams is electric returning the ball. Gonna be a great year. 10-2 or 9-3 is my expectation with possibly an even better season than that if bazooka joe puts it together and the d turns it on. Need to get pressure on the qb this year because that's been our heel the last few on d

buckaroo

IMG_1317.png

Bone Collector

yes the punter has me worried a bit. That can hurt you bad, punting the ball 16 yds out of bounds and giving it to say GA or Bama at your 30 yd line....

Defense looked improved. Milton looked good, receivers could have done better, but the run game looked good, and the O-Line blocked pretty well and opened holes.

Bone Collector

Ran against a weak defensive front that was playing to take away deep passes.
Funny... all the announcers said, that was the strength of their defense... Now is VA world beaters, NO, but until we see how they react in the Swamp, or how they look in the meat of their schedule we will not know what we have.

week 1 is too hard to make a read on a team.

Latest posts