Vols vs Cats

buckaroo

IMG_0075.png

Displaced_Vol

the wire to wire win was what impressed me most. Glad to see JJJ show out like he did & Zakai. Also good to see that we can withstand a good team on their home court without Knecht being super human.
Long season, and as fun as that was they'll surely lay another egg or two. Hell I wouldn't be shocked if the cats get the vols at home but based on what we saw last night they shouldn't.
This is obviously UT's best team since Grant, Amdiral & Bone. Not saying it doesn't matter, but what really matters is still 2 months away.

encore06

James and Ziegler played a flawless game. Offensive rebounds by the Vols was the difference. Hopefully Ky will have their point guard back this week. He has missed three games and Ky has lost all three. Hats off to Vols

Wooden Arrow

TN is good. I'll always give them that credit when it's due! And the good thing about basketball season is they have something to play for in March unlike a 🚽 bowl game in football!
UT beat Iowa in the Citrus Bowl. how did Ky fare against Clemson in their bowl game ? anyone remember ? :cool:

THEdonkey0515

You better double check your info. Ky beat tn twice this past season
I seen that vols beat KY twice in 2022 and KY beat UT twice in 2023. I swapped those years by mistake.

So far in 2024 1-0 Vols.

Looks like going back to the mid 1990s UT or KY hasn't pulled off three straight. Both programs have won two straight many times in that stretch.

Last edited:

drake799

Tn starts 3 5/6th year seniors along with a junior pg. I'm a Ky basketball fan all the way but I didnt expect them to win last night. We were missing a key guy and have been on a skid coming in I was surprised it was as close as it was honestly. Ky has a new team every year and it's tough to beat good teams with experienced guys like that Tn a good team hats off to em

THEdonkey0515

Tn starts 3 5/6th year seniors along with a junior pg. I'm a Ky basketball fan all the way but I didnt expect them to win last night. We were missing a key guy and have been on a skid coming in I was surprised it was as close as it was honestly. Ky has a new team every year and it's tough to beat good teams with experienced guys like that Tn a good team hats off to em
Those same three 5/6 year seniors was huge parts to the teams in 2022 and 2020 when UT beat KY mutiple times in a row. They was only they was only freshman and sophomores then. the 5/6 year player Then was a unathletic 3* white dude named John Fulkerson that embarrassed Kentucky one night.

drake799

Oh yeah I remember lol. I sure wish we could keep kids multiple years. I get so sick of watching us basically have a whole new roster EVERY season I hate what basketball has become at Ky. It's just a place to play for a year for most our guys. Then Cal pushes them out the door because he's done promised their scholarship to someone else lol.

7mm08

Hey why didn't they play 44 last night. I watched him score about 15 on someone this year.

PalsPal

Oh yeah I remember lol. I sure wish we could keep kids multiple years. I get so sick of watching us basically have a whole new roster EVERY season I hate what basketball has become at Ky. It's just a place to play for a year for most our guys. Then Cal pushes them out the door because he's done promised their scholarship to someone else lol.

Most of the "one and dones" came for the cash. They have no loyalty to the school.

But, as was mentioned, Cal is wanting the NBA Allstar game to be made up of mostly former KY players, so the Cat fans can hang their hats on that.

Latest posts