Vols vs Cats

Displaced_Vol

This is the thought I've had all year: none of this matters until tourney time. And I'm not saying I want (certainly dont expect) a final four. But we've been good enough, long enough, that we have to get a sweet 16 or elite 8. Bare minimum. regular season accolades are nice and I do enjoy them, but show me what we're going to do in March. Like Florida in football, I'll believe it when I see it.
Don't read this as me wanting to get rid of Barnes. Not at all I really like him. I think he has short comings like any coach and he's had a stable of better assistants and better athletes in the past to overcome some issues. I am rooting whole heartedly for him to make a deep run.

Yesterday is a perfect example of this season in one game. You can't be anemic for a half and dig a 20 point hole, especially at a place like Rupp. I am really glad we didn't quit and came out & fought the second half but it was too much to overcome. Especially with the god awful display from the free throw line.

We can lose the first game, or make the elite 8 and I won't be surprised either way. I doubt we can string together enough competent offensive games in a row.

PS UK fans you all are better without wheeler playing so I don't think it counts the same but you do miss the depth.

Last edited:

wayne

I'm guessing it could be a couple of things.
1- maybe TN doesn't match up well with KY
OR
2- maybe the Vols had a let down after that huge win over AL.
Although UK has had a bad season don't forget they were pre-season top 5 and maybe some sources had them #1.

GO CATS!!!!
Kentucky has the ability to keep Tennessee off the offensive boards and defend against shots on the paint. But let's keep going to that instead of getting some shots on the perimeter.

James72

With the remaining games we have left on the schedule I think we're headed for a 4 seed at best. And if we don't figure something out on offense I think we will be a quick out in the tournament. If we get good match ups maybe Sweet 16 but I'll be surprised if we can go any further than that.

Wildcat

This speaks volumes. Did Cal move the PAID assistant coaches down the bench one seat so this guy could sit next to him :rolleyes: ?

And, where was he in the Arkansas and Georgia games?

Roost hit it. With Oscar in the middle, TN does not match up well. He was the player of the year last year for a reason. And, KY has the athletes to give TN shooters fits. If you lined both teams up side by side, KY would have the better "athlete" at every position.

And, momentum in college basketball is huge. Had TN made a few of the shots that went half way down and came out, it would have made a big difference. But, they didn't.

There have been years when we were down that a win over KY would be huge, and it is frustrating to lose. But, this year isn't one of them. We're in the tourney and playing for seeding at this point.
I never said Urlis would win them all but I and others have noticed a change in the team and how they play.

Latest posts