Vols add 5 star WR

THEdonkey0515

OU? Oklahoma? Ohio U? Oregon? How could there be NIL violations 2017-2019 if NIL didn't exist until 2021? You guys are too easy.
Sorry about the OU typo

"Ohio State recently self-reported 16 violations involving the football program that occurred from May 1, 2017, to May 22, 2019"

• Impermissible text messages
  • Impermissible phone calls
  • Impermissible promotion
  • Preferential treatment
  • An assistant recruited prior to passing recruiting exam
  • Student-athlete reinstatement
  • Impermissible publicity
  • Promotion using student-athlete image
  • Impermissible publicity and inducement
  • An impermissible tweet
  • Impermissible electronic correspondence
  • Use of image/name/likeness
  • Use of outside consultant
  • Big Ten tender filing deadline missed
  • Financial aid
I guess this didn't happen either.

" the NCAA opened an investigation on the Buckeyes star quarterback Terrelle Pryor. A source close to Ohio State's and the NCAA's investigation of 50 cars sold to Ohio State football players and their families told Sports Illustrated, "(Pryor) might have driven as many as eight cars in his three years in Columbus."Additionally, The Dispatch reported that Kniffin and Jason Goss, who owns the Auto Direct dealership, received game passes from Buckeye athletes. The two attended the 2007 BCS National Championship Game and the 2009 Fiesta Bowl as guests of Buckeye players The NCAA's investigation of the cars began to intensify after former Buckeye wide receiver Ray Small, who played at Ohio State from 2006 to 2010, spoke with The Lantern in May about possible violations during his time in uniform. went on to tell The Lantern he wasn't the only Buckeye partaking in the violation of NCAA rules. "They have a lot (of dirt) on everybody," Small said, "cause everybody was doing it. Everywhere you go, while you're in the process of playing at Ohio State you're going to get a deal every which way."

I guess stuff like that no longer goes on at the great Ohio state or you believe it never happened.

Last edited:

Mescalero

Sorry about the OU typo

"Ohio State recently self-reported 16 violations involving the football program that occurred from May 1, 2017, to May 22, 2019"

• Impermissible phone calls
  • Impermissible promotion
  • Preferential treatment
  • An assistant recruited prior to passing recruiting exam
  • Student-athlete reinstatement
  • Impermissible publicity
  • Promotion using student-athlete image
  • Impermissible publicity and inducement
  • An impermissible tweet
  • Impermissible electronic correspondence
  • Use of image/name/likeness
  • Use of outside consultant
  • Big Ten tender filing deadline missed
  • Financial aid
I guess this didn't happen either.

" the NCAA opened an investigation on the Buckeyes star quarterback Terrelle Pryor. A source close to Ohio State's and the NCAA's investigation of 50 cars sold to Ohio State football players and their families told Sports Illustrated, "(Pryor) might have driven as many as eight cars in his three years in Columbus."Additionally, The Dispatch reported that Kniffin and Jason Goss, who owns the Auto Direct dealership, received game passes from Buckeye athletes. The two attended the 2007 BCS National Championship Game and the 2009 Fiesta Bowl as guests of Buckeye players The NCAA's investigation of the cars began to intensify after former Buckeye wide receiver Ray Small, who played at Ohio State from 2006 to 2010, spoke with The Lantern in May about possible violations during his time in uniform. went on to tell The Lantern he wasn't the only Buckeye partaking in the violation of NCAA rules. "They have a lot (of dirt) on everybody," Small said, "cause everybody was doing it. Everywhere you go, while you're in the process of playing at Ohio State you're going to get a deal every which way."

I guess stuff like that no longer goes on at the great Ohio state or you believe it never happened.
Link please. For the other members, as I'm familiar with the 2016-2019 self-reported infractions. Dredging up Pryor and "tattogate" from 12-13 years ago is some weak sauce. Weaker still is relying on words of a convicted felon, Ray Small, who was part of that Pryor episode. He did time in the state pen on drugs and weapons charges. Not the most reliable source. And if you are equating that 2016-19 list and players selling their own property for free tattoos 13 years ago (something NIL would permit today) to McDonalds bags of cash et al, I've got no response to that.

You should have at least posted something more recent, such as about the Ohio State fencing, women's golf, and women's basketball teams.

My only point above is focused on the "collectives" supporting various schools engaged in pay-to-play schemes (not NIL) to land recruits and transfers. I think all schools have their fingers crossed regarding these "collectives."

You and scn are arguing that Univ of Tennessee football is as dirty as everyone else, but that's not firm ground to be standing on.

THEdonkey0515

Link please. For the other members, as I'm familiar with the 2016-2019 self-reported infractions. Dredging up Pryor and "tattogate" from 12-13 years ago is some weak sauce. Weaker still is relying on words of a convicted felon, Ray Small, who was part of that Pryor episode. He did time in the state pen on drugs and weapons charges. Not the most reliable source. And if you are equating that 2016-19 list and players selling their own property for free tattoos 13 years ago (something NIL would permit today) to McDonalds bags of cash et al, I've got no response to that.

You should have at least posted something more recent, such as about the Ohio State fencing, women's golf, and women's basketball teams.

My only point above is focused on the "collectives" supporting various schools engaged in pay-to-play schemes (not NIL) to land recruits and transfers. I think all schools have their fingers crossed regarding these "collectives."

You and scn are arguing that Univ of Tennessee football is as dirty as everyone else, but that's not firm ground to be standing on.
It's easy to find it was the first link that popped up I didn't have to search hard I'm sure if anyone is interested in finding it they can very very very easy. As far as posting something recent I just quoted the first couple things that I seen I really didn't look much I could have clicked on 10000 other links just picked thr first couple.

Ok you win Ohio state is as clean as it gets lol I really don't care.

buckaroo

For what? doing whats legal now? and for firing the bumpus that did it? should'nt be more than a couple of scholarships, NCAA is a joke, penalizing teams for doing the right thing and letting cheaters like bama do it all

THEdonkey0515

For what? doing whats legal now? and for firing the bumpus that did it? should'nt be more than a couple of scholarships, NCAA is a joke, penalizing teams for doing the right thing and letting cheaters like bama do it all
You mean firing the diehard bammer the vols hired that worked with Saban before coming to UT? I guess he did everything by the book at bama

THEdonkey0515

Bru McCoy? Enrolled at USC in 2019, then Texas, then back to USC, then Texas again, then USC now UT?

Carnell Tate and Branden Iniss tweeting each other about the NFL draft, so I'm feeling good and figure Bru just got Carnell's $$$
From what I hear Ohio St may have just blew it with tate

Mescalero

From what I hear Ohio St may have just blew it with tate
Not Ohio State. Mommy didn't like something a podcaster said and Vols twitter is blowing up about it. Momma wants a new fur coat. Momma doesn't get it from Ohio State NIL $$ until son earns it, but other teams gotta pay now and hope for results later.

Ohio State will be just fine in WR recruiting. NFL draft speaks much louder than podcasts.

THEdonkey0515

Not Ohio State. Mommy didn't like something a podcaster said and Vols twitter is blowing up about it. Momma wants a new fur coat. Momma doesn't get it from Ohio State NIL $$ until son earns it, but other teams gotta pay now and hope for results later.

Ohio State will be just fine in WR recruiting. NFL draft speaks much louder than podcasts.
"You can go to the league and be a first-round pick anywhere"

Podcast dude was butthurt when they realized Tate was not going to Ohio st. He went from a big deal being one of the top prospects on the recruiting board. To a Average wr we don't want or need. Typical thing for a butthurt fan to say.

They knew he wasn't coming before that podcast.

Last edited:

Mescalero

"You can go to the league and be a first-round pick anywhere"

Podcast dude was butthurt when they realized Tate was not going to Ohio st. He went from a big deal being one of the top prospects on the recruiting board. To a Average wr we don't want or need. Typical thing for a butthurt fan to say.

They knew he wasn't coming before that podcast.
Disgraced butthurt podcast host is not Ohio State. Ryan Day, Brian Hartline, Mark Pantoni don't have a podcast.

Enjoy Carnell. Ohio State will be just fine with him or without him. If without, I wish him the best.

Last edited:

Mescalero

Sentiment in Columbus seems to be Carnell Tate is committing to Tennessee (or already has). I guess he posted on twitter or IG he has and is announcing around July 4 because his commitment video isn't ready yet. Momma hasn't found that orange fur coat yet, perhaps? Btw, I guess he's also playing in a 7 v 7 tournament in Columbus around that time so maybe it's a major troll job or maybe there's hope for the good guys.

THEdonkey0515

Sentiment in Columbus seems to be Carnell Tate is committing to Tennessee (or already has). I guess he posted on twitter or IG he has and is announcing around July 4 because his commitment video isn't ready yet. Momma hasn't found that orange fur coat yet, perhaps? Btw, I guess he's also playing in a 7 v 7 tournament in Columbus around that time so maybe it's a major troll job or maybe there's hope for the good guys.
So if he goes to UT it's only because his mom wants a fur coat... If he gives UT a troll job and goes to the "good guys" his mom and him are straight and narrow no foul play at all...

And that same media member that bashed him will now have good things to say

Go help Ohio state coach beg the media for 13 million lol

Mescalero

So if he goes to UT it's only because his mom wants a fur coat... If he gives UT a troll job and goes to the "good guys" his mom and him are straight and narrow no foul play at all...

And that same media member that bashed him will now have good things to say

Go help Ohio state coach beg the media for 13 million lol
It's sarcasm. I'll put in italics next time. To spell it out, the troll job is on OSU if he commits to UT while in Columbus.

Latest posts