Vols add 5 star WR

Mescalero

the bucks are still mad about that wasted money they spent on the new Longhorns QB.
The understanding of NIL is nil. Schools can't pay. That was paid by a brand and Ewers took the NIL deal to Texas or the brand is out of the money. Ohio State isn't out a dime. This is also why Jimbo is technically correct when he said "we didn't buy any recruits." Notice he never said "and no one associated with aTm bought any recruits."

Trey13

The understanding of NIL is nil. Schools can't pay. That was paid by a brand and Ewers took the NIL deal to Texas or the brand is out of the money. Ohio State isn't out a dime. This is also why Jimbo is technically correct when he said "we didn't buy any recruits." Notice he never said "and no one associated with aTm bought any recruits."
But when this keeps happening this places will stop or not pay as much. When they pay and the player gets the money and bounces, what good did that do for them or the school?

THEdonkey0515

It's legal cheating now, I'm curious to see if the most money teams win more.
It's still gonna be about who pulls back to back to back top 10 top 5 recruiting classes. Those programs always win.

I believe the most money teams will pull the best recruiting classes consistently. I believe the most money teams where also pulling the best classes before NIL

Displaced_Vol

College football has always been a sport without parity. NIL, combined with transfer is a wholly new factor that may allow some reshuffling in this current Wild West time but even without legislation I think eventually it will settle some.

UT seems to be doing really well thus far with their NIL deals (or Spyre's deals I suppose). That's great but It doesn't guarantee anything in terms of results on the field. But, what I think it can do is shorten or lower the hill to climb for teams like UT trying to crawl back into relevancy. You've still got to stack multiple great recruiting classes, this helps do that but no guarantee.
Get it while the getting is good I think is the way I'd phrase it and there are a few schools that recognize it and are trying to capitalize. Just my .02 on the whole matter.

PalsPal

I don't follow recruiting, so I have no idea how good this guy is or may be.

But, with the rules they are now, most of these guys will jump at a chance to change teams if things don't go as they think they should in year 1.

Mescalero

Day doesn't like other visits. Don't commit until serious 100%. So this probably over, plus Hartline is a killer.

But yes, rentals. Got them a season or two but they hop in the portal. You develop them, and someone else gives them pt.

THEdonkey0515

I don't follow recruiting, so I have no idea how good this guy is or may be.

But, with the rules they are now, most of these guys will jump at a chance to change teams if things don't go as they think they should in year 1.
No one really does he was a 5* highly rated could be a monster could be a bust.

Only 70% of classes are made up of highschool players now. Most teams AVG 5-8 transfers. So yeah alot of these 4 &5 star players on alot of teams will be out tbe door after a year or 2

Latest posts