Food Plots **UPDATE**Holy mackerel! Not planting cereal rye this year!!!

JCDEERMAN

Our cereal rye was not delivered today as hoped....they said they get a truck on Tuesday and Friday.....so hopefully it arrives Friday....we'll see.
I called my co-op and asked if they had received my order. They didn't have my name attacked to anything, however she said they just got a shipment in of 37 bags.

DoubleRidge

I called my co-op and asked if they had received my order. They didn't have my name attacked to anything, however she said they just got a shipment in of 37 bags.

Buddy and I are "supposed" to have our name on 16 bags in Dickson....was told they ordered 70....hadn't called today... we'll see here shortly.... appreciate the heads up.

DoubleRidge

Checked this afternoon and our cereal rye did not come in....was told last week 70 bags were ordered....truck on Tuesday had none. Today's truck had none..but when the seed guy in Waverly looks it up their warehouse has plenty...his words were....they are fully stocked....and it's not just us....I know 3 other people who are waiting on seed....not sure what's going on? But hopefully it will be here on next Tuesday's truck....I've got some more spraying to do tomorrow and one more barasica plot to get in... plenty to stay busy.

DoubleRidge

But hopefully it will be here on next Tuesday's truck....I've got some more spraying to do tomorrow and one more barasica plot to get in... plenty to stay busy.

Wrapped up spraying today and got the last barasica plot in....also added some seed on one of the clover plots....so that wraps up all of the smaller plots.... waiting on the cereal rye now....hoping to work on the larger plots next weekend if the weather works out.

JCDEERMAN

Wrapped up spraying today and got the last barasica plot in....also added some seed on one of the clover plots....so that wraps up all of the smaller plots.... waiting on the cereal rye now....hoping to work on the larger plots next weekend if the weather works out.
Same here for next weekend. I'll update our smaller plots come the end of this week when I get down there. Will be spraying 2 quarts / acre of gly and 1 quart / acre of 2, 4D, then drill….as long as rain is in the forecast

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Stopped by the COOP yesterday, they gotten bags of winter wheat Thursday. I was blown away at the price, so I got 2 instead of 1. it's was 13.52 a bag. Crazy thing, I paid12.75 last fall for it.

DoubleRidge

Our cereal rye finally came in today. Ended up at $20 per 50lb...picked up our order this afternoon....planning to blend some crimson clover with the cereal rye...watching the weather now for the next decent chance of rain.

JCDEERMAN

Our cereal rye finally came in today. Ended up at $20 per 50lb...picked up our order this afternoon....planning to blend some crimson clover with the cereal rye...watching the weather now for the next decent chance of rain.
Awesome. I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure some is available. You going to go ahead and plant whenever a descent rain in the forecast? I'm going to assess our sorghum Thursday to see if army worms are present. I've got my fingers crossed

DoubleRidge

Awesome. I'm going to call tomorrow to make sure some is available. You going to go ahead and plant whenever a descent rain in the forecast? I'm going to assess our sorghum Thursday to see if army worms are present. I've got my fingers crossed

Hopefully they will have what you need in stock....I'm just going to watch the weather and go from there...But hope to have all the cereal rye out in the next week or two.....we have 4 or 5 more plots to do ranging from 1/2 acre to 2 acres in size....looking forward to seeing how the rye and crimson clover does on a couple of the newer plots...this weekend I'm also hoping to spray clethodim on a few of the barasica plots that got rained on shortly after our initial spraying of glysophate.....we got a decent kill on half of the barasica plots but need the clethodim to clean up some grass in the other half of the plots....found a small bottle that's not too pricey so it won't be so bad to try....got great germination so I hate not to try and knock the grass back.

BSK

Hopefully they will have what you need in stock....I'm just going to watch the weather and go from there...
Last week a good solid rain was in the forecast for midweek next week. Now that's gone. I see no high-probability rain in the 15-day models. But I'm going to spray my plots Thursday anyways. I've learned never to count on any of the models beyond about 7 days, so you never know.

megalomaniac

Last week a good solid rain was in the forecast for midweek next week. Now that's gone. I see no high-probability rain in the 15-day models. But I'm going to spray my plots Thursday anyways. I've learned never to count on any of the models beyond about 7 days, so you never know.
My models are showing good chance of rain in southern middle TN Sat, Sun, and Mon, and then again the following weekend... I think I'm going to pull the trigger and plant Fri if it holds.

BSK

My models are showing good chance of rain in southern middle TN Sat, Sun, and Mon, and then again the following weekend... I think I'm going to pull the trigger and plant Fri if it holds.
I see the scattered storms for Sat-Mon, but not good enough for me (or my area) to risk it. I'm still spraying today though.

JCDEERMAN

Still debating. Fairview co-op had 15 bags of cereal rye at $20 / bag this morning. That was the exact amount I needed so I cleaned them out. We are at least spraying this weekend. Will drill depending on weather outlook in a day or two

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I see the same thing, good chances of rain this weekend. I have one plot of radish and turnips planted (right before the last rain) and I sprayed my other plot yesterday, hoping to plant Saturday. This plot will be half turnips/radish, quarter wheat and quarter oats. I guess I could just mix them but want to try this way. BTW the wheat and oats are some of what I hand harvested from last years plot the deer never touched :p

BSK

Got my plots sprayed, and my Sunn Hemp plots mowed, yesterday. Now I'll look for a good rain after next Thursday for planting date.

Quailman

Looks like the best chance of several days of rain in my area as well, so my plots are prepped and I'll be on a tractor all day tomorrow hopefully. Supposed to be scattered showers later today and then 80% for rain tomorrow, so we'll see what happens!

JCDEERMAN

For Centerville, I averaged out 4 weather stations at 40-88% chance of rain Sat-Mon. Really wanting to plant. The most trusted source predicts 80-88% chance of rain for 3 straight days. Also 25-50% all of next week. I'll probably plant

Latest posts