Food Plots **UPDATE**Holy mackerel! Not planting cereal rye this year!!!

JCDEERMAN

Just called around to a few Co-ops and only one had cereal rye. I had her repeat the price of a 50 lb bag because I just couldn't believe it….$52.99 a bag. Heck no!!!! I tried calling a few other Co-ops to verify, but since they didn't have any in stock, they couldn't give me a price. I knew it'd be bad, but not that bad.

Since wheat is about normal at $15.49 a bag, I'll be going with that.

Last edited:

TNTreeman

Just called around to a few Co-ops and only one had cereal rye. I had her repeat the price of a 50 lb bag because I just couldn't believe it….$52.99 a bag. Heck no!!!! I tried calling a few other Co-ops to verify, but since they didn't have any in stock, they couldn't give me a price. I knew it'd be bad, but not that bad.

Yep. Curious to see about wheat and oats this year. Hope it isn't crazy

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled

I was hearing Wheat would be in the $30s or more per 50lb. I'm not sure with Ukraine able to ship wheat, it might get a little cheaper. Last fall all the food plot seed companies were saying that it's going to be high and most mixes would be what every they could get.

Boll Weevil

I'm cover cropping my bottom fields this year via aerial application and as of yesterday my price for wheat is $0.15/lb. Obviously I'm doing way more ground than most food plotters so maybe that has something to do with the modest price. Or, maybe it's just lower in ag regions maybe.

JCDEERMAN

I'm cover cropping my bottom fields this year via aerial application and as of yesterday my price for wheat is $0.15/lb. Obviously I'm doing way more ground than most food plotters so maybe that has something to do with the modest price. Or, maybe it's just lower in ag regions maybe.
You get it basically 1/2 off regular price around here. Not too shabby

DoubleRidge

Buddy checked the local co-op earlier this week for their normal wildlife food plot blend they have each year....not in stock....they said it should be there in August...no telling what the price will be?....We were able to get a 50lb bag of last year's tillage radish for $42 so we'll mix that into our fall blend....but sounds like wheat will be in the mix as well.... certainly not paying that for cereal rye.

usanglure

Paying whatever price is, for what works and draws them in...
Planted Millet 2 weeks ago at Duck lease $50 for 50#. I'll spend $100 for gas every time i go... May cut back on trips and stay overnight at Hotel and spend less than gas back and forth...

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I kept last years cover crop overage so have about 1400 lb of cereal rye with turnips, radishes and annual clover that is heading into some food plots, had 450 lb of Green covers fall release held over planted that yesterday. Coop tells me uncertified wheat (food plot wheat) is readily available. Also planted 600 lb of millet in duck holes in Stewart county. Got a little rain so Im rolling the dice.

DoubleRidge

Sorry guys - just went by the Co-op that gave me that $52.99 price. Went in there and she told me the same price, but the guy at the counter corrected her and said they didn't have any yet. She was giving me the price of RYE GRASS.

****price is still to be determined****

That's actually good news....thanks for the update.

Latest posts