Tuesday Hype - What did you see?!

Puckett Creek

We all anticipated Tues. being a great day to be in the stand - cold front coming, windy yesterday, 20+ degree temp drop, bucks chasing strong this week and last, hard frost, etc. etc. So, how was the deer activity at your stand? Were we right?

I hunted a hay field that is surrounded by cedar thickets. Saw about 18 - 20 does / fawns and four 1 1/2 yr old bucks - all chasing. Then saw a 4 1/2 yr old 6 pt. that we have been trying to cull and he chased a doe right by me and my hunt ended at about 6:45 AM! But, I'm betting if I had stayed in the stand the activity would have stayed strong for a while. (pic of the buck to come - he weighed 195 lbs. live weight)

I'm betting tomorrow morning is going to be good also - get in the stand!

catman529

Congrats. Why would you use the term "cull" for a mature 6pt? Sounds like a trophy to me.

I saw 8 or 9 this morn all does n fawns no bucks or sign of them today. Sitting another hour and a half in the tree before going home, unless another deer makes a fatal move before then

MattR

Saw one deer on my way out. Saw a decent tom he was gobbling his butt of this mornign, by himself. Maybe ill have better luck here soon.

Terence

I hunted monday afternoon and got me a decent 6 point that was all swollen up and horns all busted up several horns broke off only deer I saw he was all alone . checked a spot where I knew there was a scrape and it had been hit was nice and fresh Ill be back at it here in about 45 min or so Ill upload pic when I figure out how to make it smaller to upload it

bruiser1980

The spot I'm hunting I've seen 11 different bucks this year. Four of the bucks have been shooters, but I've only been able to get a shot on and harvest one of them. I had tons of chasing Sunday and saw a mature buck in the rain yesterday but no shot. The best Tuesday of the year as it was hyped (and honestly I expected it to be) was kind of a flop for me. I saw 7 does and fawns in 3 different groups but not the first buck. I'd seen at least 1 buck each time I'd hunted here. Not a bad morning but it wasn't as good as I had expected.

Somebody earlier posted hearing a turkey gobble.....I had 3 toms it sounded like absolutely hammering until about 8am. 25 degrees and they are thundering and during the spring if the temp gets below 40 my birds shut up. I guess they heard the hype about today and wanted to do something unexpected like my bucks did. Go figure....