Trail Cam left on Public Land - view the pics?

Antler Daddy

You stumble across a game camera left on public land. You have a card reader with you.

Do you pull the SD card, download pics and return the card back to the camera as is, or dont touch it?

Ski

I'll add that for me it's a boundary thing. I don't kick another man's ankle biting mutt if I'm in his yard. I don't screw his flirty wife while he's at work. I don't use his pool cue when he walks to the bar for another beer. No matter how temping something is, some lines I just won't cross. A man's things are his own and if I can't respect that then I can't expect respect from other men when it comes to my things.

backyardtndeer

I'll add that for me it's a boundary thing. I don't kick another man's ankle biting mutt if I'm in his yard. I don't screw his flirty wife while he's at work. I don't use his pool cue when he walks to the bar for another beer. No matter how temping something is, some lines I just won't cross. A man's things are his own and if I can't respect that then I can't expect respect from other men when it comes to my things.
Yep. Will also add that I wouldn't want someone going through one of my cameras that I had out, even if it was on public land. That old saying on ethics from Aldo Leopold seems to fit here.

Soft Talker

The trick is to screw his flirty wife while "you" are at work 😀

fairchaser

A few years ago, we had a member who would switch out camera cards on cameras he came across . Another would place a limb over the camera and one even pulled some corn out of the field and placed it in front of the camera. All of these incidents were dealt with harshly including removal from the club. The corn incident was treated as baiting and an area of 5000 acres was shut down for two weeks.

Don't mess with anyone's camera period. It's not your property.

Latest posts