Trail Cam left on Public Land - view the pics?

Ski

Turn the question around...if you leave your camera on public land and someone finds it.....are you OK with them pulling / reading your SD card, moving your camera around the tree, or worse?

You can lie to us but be honest with yourself.

No. It's mine. Same reason I wouldn't do it to someone else.

You're entitled to your opinion, same as me.

Never once owned a trail camera, and don't plan on it. Will continue to point yours in the wrong direction if I find it on public ground though :p Being totally honest.
How could you have an opinion of trail cameras and the work involved in them if you never have had one? You don't have to show ignorance on every single post you make, but you seem to insist on it, bud.

Rebels20

How could you have an opinion of trail cameras and the work involved in them if you never have had one? You don't have to show ignorance on every single post you make, but you seem to insist on it, bud.
He is a troll. Nothing more nothing less. Don't feed into his superiority complex. He is always the greatest and baddest character of HIS story. One of those guys whom no one can stand that is "tommy topper" and always has something to say, you know the ones "little man syndrome" stuff. Just ignore his stupidity and he will have no one to talk to but himself.

Soft Talker

Experience bud, years of it, watching and listening to those who cannot "scout" without them. Good Lord gave me the ability to find and read sign with old school woodsman ship and knowledge of what game I am hunting, and then the confidence to set up and hunt it. Proud of that;). I'm betting better than 90% of cameras are watching some sort of bait or attractant, which in turn is prolly within 50yrds of where these so called hunters are set up. This goes for deer and turkey. This is just MY opinion though. Your intitled to yours.

MS_Strut

Experience bud, years of it, watching and listening to those who cannot "scout" without them. Good Lord gave me the ability to find and read sign with old school woodsman ship and knowledge of what game I am hunting, and then the confidence to set up and hunt it. Proud of that;). I'm betting better than 90% of cameras are watching some sort of bait or attractant, which in turn is prolly within 50yrds of where these so called hunters are set up. This goes for deer and turkey. This is just MY opinion though. Your intitled to yours.

😂

7mmWSM

I'm really surprised you can see anything with your head up your a$$.

backyardtndeer

Side conversation: You find a camera on public land with a big pile of corn in front of it.

Do you report it?
Probably, for one main reason, so that the responsible person was caught and dealt with. If I have reported it, then that may also keep me out of trouble in the event that you inadvertantly end up near someone's bait pile. Pretty sad that anyone has to bait to kill a deer.

knightrider

Probably so 😆

Reminds me of a cell cam that's been moved a bit last couple of years (assuming it's the same one) in some open timber I walk through to a spot. After I shot my big 8 Thanksgiving weekend I'm walking back in with my cart and thought to myself how funny it might be if I ended up walking out by the cam. Wouldn't you know it, I did just that, and he was a good un for where we hunt! 😝

Congrats on your Cheatham buck! I've found some big sheds and my biggest deadhead over there but never really put in the effort required.
Was our first year ever hunting there, spent weeks studying topo maps and spent the first two days scouting and seeing where people were pushing deer to. Hope to go again this fall

DeerCamp

Probably, for one main reason, so that the responsible person was caught and dealt with. If I have reported it, then that may also keep me out of trouble in the event that you inadvertantly end up near someone's bait pile. Pretty sad that anyone has to bait to kill a deer.
Well, this scenario happened earlier this year on public. Burned the entire area for us. Had to hike over a mile back out and to another spot.

Blind -----> Camera-----> Corn Pile.

Ski

Well, this scenario happened earlier this year on public. Burned the entire area for us. Had to hike over a mile back out and to another spot.

Blind -----> Camera-----> Corn Pile.

That's the problem with law breakers. They aren't affected by the rules because they don't adhere to them. It only affects honest folk. The @$$hole not only gets to cheat but gets to do it without any competition from other hunters.

philsanchez76

That's the problem with law breakers. They aren't affected by the rules because they don't adhere to them. It only affects honest folk. The @$$hole not only gets to cheat but gets to do it without any competition from other hunters.
True. I know snitches get stitches, but the one time I make the call is when I find a bait pile. And if they have a cam there (usually they do), I will just throw something over the lens so at least they won't be getting any more pics.

Latest posts