Thoughts on the Moultrie Mobile Edge Cellular Cam?

themanpcl

Anyone use them? All the reviews look pretty good and the monthly data plan is only about 10 bucks. Cheaper if you opt to go yearly.
Preface by saying I have been a stealth user but have seen many great reviews and pics/vids from the Edge cams. I was going to get a couple when they went down in price a while back but the plan cost made me hesitate.

@fulldraw

I have 6 and have been very happy. I use powermax and procell batteries and they've lasted several months. Couple still have batteries from August. I use the 1000 pics/mo plan and have added pics a few times. Been cheaper than the unlimited plan. I like the additional 50 videos for $1 when needed. I have several tactacams and these by far exceed them. I'll never buy tactacam again. Also, stay away from the edge pro. I wish I had bought several more edges when they were $50 at Christmas time.

@fulldraw

Anyone have any pictures from the Edge?
Here are two. These are actually screenshots because the originals are too large to attach.
IMG_0620.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

@fulldraw

I bought two of the other moultrie cell cams last year but took them back. They were horrible! These look much much better.
Like I said I am impressed with them. I bought them on sale so none were over $70. I'm sure the higher priced cell cams are much better but I have no complaints for their price. If I get several years out of them I'll be even happier.

Livin2hunt

I have 28 moultrie cell cams divided among 3 states. Of that group, 16 are edges and 2 are the new edge pros. The edges have really helped from the older or other brand cell units not gaining signal in those hard to reach areas. On one farm I lease these are the only cameras that gained signal for me. They may not always have the best signal but at least they are giving me pics where I'm not going back and forth pulling cards and bumping what I'm after. Of course the better the signal the better the pic. I am just starting out with the pros so I don't have a good or bad word for those as of yet. I do like on the pros, you can block zones from a grid pattern that allows you some hide opportunities for your camera and not get those ghost pics from the brush blowing in the wind on a high sensitivity setting. Overall been very good cams!!

ScLowCountry

I have two and have been pretty happy with them. The picture quality is not very good, but it serves it's purpose. It's cheap and functions well. If you lose service for more than a couple days it will quit taking pictures which has been a problem. You have to go back out and reset the camera to make it start taking pictures again.

Livin2hunt

Not to overstep the OP's questions I've always just used the photo end but am curious to know if using the video and pic feature caused any issues with slowing or missing possible photos? I tried it last week and saw a somewhat decrease and went back to just photos now. Just curious

Latest posts