Basal bark treatment

Jcalder

Just before green up I srayed about an acre of smaller saplings, 6" and down. Now that things have greened up, everything I've sprayed is green. Should I give more time, or another treatment.

Jcalder

Give it time. It is normal to see them green up after spraying. Just wait till late summer. A year or so and they will be falling to the ground.
The ones I sprayed last year were already green. Within 2 weeks of spraying, it looked like fall and was obvious of the ones I missed. I'll give it time and see what happens. It does seem I've had some green up from last years spray but when spraying these, I seen several that had bark slipping from last years application so I know they're toast.

MickThompson

Do you think the Garlon 4 works better than Remedy ? I have been using 3 gallons diesel and 1 gallon Remedy.
Garlon 4=Remedy. The one thing you have to watch for is Garlon 3a. 3a is an amine (water soluble) formulation and 4 is an ester (oil soluble) formulation. 3a is the one you want for hack and squirt. If you try to mix a high concentration of 4 in water, it will make an emulsion that doesn't want to run through a squirt bottle.

3 is also 75% the strength of 4- that number is the pounds of active ingredient per gallon.

Jcalder

Garlon 4=Remedy. The one thing you have to watch for is Garlon 3a. 3a is an amine (water soluble) formulation and 4 is an ester (oil soluble) formulation. 3a is the one you want for hack and squirt. If you try to mix a high concentration of 4 in water, it will make an emulsion that doesn't want to run through a squirt bottle.

3 is also 75% the strength of 4- that number is the pounds of active ingredient per gallon.
That's good info, thank you sir!

Latest posts