The Duck Blind Draw

DBLAARCHERY

Grizzly Johnson said:
Well they could still have the lottery type draw as stated. Put the names in one tumbler and the balls with numbers that represent the blind numbers in another. The person that drew gets to go up and spin the tumbler with the balls and the number that comes out is his blind..... if he wants it he takes it, if not it goes back in the pot and better luck for him/her next year......

It won't help the buying and selling problem much, but it would weed out the riff raff.....
I got a place we can hunt Grizz we just need to do some homework...Public land but I have access through private land...You know where... ;)

Grizzly Johnson

DBLAARCHERY said:
Grizzly Johnson said:
Well they could still have the lottery type draw as stated. Put the names in one tumbler and the balls with numbers that represent the blind numbers in another. The person that drew gets to go up and spin the tumbler with the balls and the number that comes out is his blind..... if he wants it he takes it, if not it goes back in the pot and better luck for him/her next year......

It won't help the buying and selling problem much, but it would weed out the riff raff.....
I got a place we can hunt Grizz we just need to do some homework...Public land but I have access through private land...You know where... ;)

Not sure if I'm following..... send me a PM.....

DBLAARCHERY

Grizzly Johnson said:
DBLAARCHERY said:
Grizzly Johnson said:

Not sure if I'm following..... send me a PM.....
Yeah remember LBL...Your brothers inlaws... ;)

If it works out...

Grizzly Johnson

Oh yeah..... wasn't thinking about that angle..... we will have to see how it goes.

Remember what I told you about bumping into them in Nashville..... they are supposed to be expecting.... ;)

buttonhead

Impossible to stop. Anyone willing to give that much money for a public land blind will find a way. The only way to cut down on individuals bringing everybody they know that buys a sportsman's license or lifetime (which is the biggest problem), is to charge another fee. Yes, it sucks, but that's what it's going to take. Charge an additional fee to place your name in the barrel and that money go towards that WMA. I know I wouldn't pay another 50 or so bucks to get my deer and turkey hunting buddies in the barrel. Probably still have to get the girlfriend in, she seems to be the good luck charm. ;)

buttonhead

tnjimbo said:
Don't blame the sellers, what about the buyers? Supply and demand. If nobody bought ,nobody could sell.

That's CRAZY!!! The one's buying are the LOCALS that want to hunt their HOME! I don't blame the buyers in the least bit!!! They just want to hunt the land they have hunted all of their lives. The sellers are the problem! I know a TON of people that go with all intentions of selling every single year. They wouldn't set foot in the bottoms if you made them. They are only there to play the redneck lottery.

Grizzly Johnson

buttonhead said:
tnjimbo said:
Don't blame the sellers, what about the buyers? Supply and demand. If nobody bought ,nobody could sell.

That's CRAZY!!! The one's buying are the LOCALS that want to hunt their HOME! I don't blame the buyers in the least bit!!! They just want to hunt the land they have hunted all of their lives. The sellers are the problem! I know a TON of people that go with all intentions of selling every single year. They wouldn't set foot in the bottoms if you made them. They are only there to play the redneck lottery.

Thats what I been saying for years!!!

buttonhead

The thinking is backwards here. If people quit selling blinds, people would quit buying blinds. Why go to the drawing if your sole purpose is to sale? The blind drawing isn't a means to pay your house note for a few months. It's set up to give the duck HUNTER a place to call home during duck season. It's sad that the only chance you have of getting a blind is to take a pocket full of money, because there are SO many people there trying to make a quick buck. COMMON SENSE!!!

Grizzly Johnson

Boils down to the same simple thing...... MONEY.

You don't sell, you become a potential target..... stuff comes up missing, blind is burnt,..... get the idea.... and it has happened.

Donk

There are alot of people that go to the draw just to sell.Sure it's a gamble,but where else can you get a chance to win any where up to $10,000 to 12,000 for $79.00.They'll have to make real unpleasant to buy or sell one,inorder to slow it down or stop it.

David

Wow. I never have duck hunted in TN before, but will be able to this year with some friends that have boat, experience etc..

We are going saturtday to the draw to see if we can get a blind, but man, after reading this, I never knew there was so much buying/selling of these things. I did notice the "It is illegal to buy/sell" notice on TWRA website.

So how does the process work here, do you put your name in and then if you get drawn, you select the blind position and names of people that will hunt it?

I guess im confused on how, someone can sell these as I would think you would have to sign the hunters names immediately after getting drawn and TWRA would notice someone handing you over 10,000$ :)

So how does the process work here for the draw?

Latest posts