Blind draw system: Computer vs In-person

scn

If the peanut gallery wants to say TWRA enforcement didn't make a bunch of cases on an unenforceable regulation, then that is pretty obvious.

But, to whine that they put no effort in to trying to make some cases just isn't factual.

But, not surprising considering who is posting the crap.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
If the peanut gallery wants to say TWRA enforcement didn't make a bunch of cases on an unenforceable regulation, then that is pretty obvious.

But, to whine that they put no effort in to trying to make some cases just isn't factual.

1689338674177.gif

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
When the TWRA guy at Camden on the mic watches the whole thing go down. Then makes the joke "I didn't even get a tip on that one" on the mic over the speakers doesnt exactly inspire confidence that they give a single **** about it lol.
Honestly, I think that was him trying to make a joke, because it was a top blind drawn, and because of who a couple of the sign ons were, or the lack of any sign ons at all. I do remember the incident, although I don't recall what year it happened, I've slept a time or two since then.

West_Tn

Honestly, I think that was him trying to make a joke, because it was a top blind drawn, and because of who a couple of the sign ons were, or the lack of any sign ons at all. I do remember the incident, although I don't recall what year it happened, I've slept a time or two since then.
No he said it

Sounds like typical politics. Lots of talk and no action.

West_Tn

Naw 1st pick the guy drawn was quickly grabbed by an individual who typically buys a blind. Like literally grabbed and held all the way to the rope. On the way to the rope another guy who ALWAYS buys a blind went to try to intercept and I'm sure offer more money. He was completely shoved out of the way like a ragdoll 😂

It was quite the show and that is why the "I didn't even get a tip" comment was made.

scn

Naw 1st pick the guy drawn was quickly grabbed by an individual who typically buys a blind. Like literally grabbed and held all the way to the rope. On the way to the rope another guy who ALWAYS buys a blind went to try to intercept and I'm sure offer more money. He was completely shoved out of the way like a ragdoll 😂

It was quite the show and that is why the "I didn't even get a tip" comment was made.
The District Attorney General is the head law enforcement person over several counties.

According to the directions we received from them, documenting what you just described was not enough for them to take the case to court. Way too many loopholes and potential defenses to successfully prosecute.

Yes, it sucked to have crap as blatant as that done with no repercussions.

West_Tn

The District Attorney General is the head law enforcement person over several counties.

According to the directions we received from them, documenting what you just described was not enough for them to take the case to court. Way too many loopholes and potential defenses to successfully prosecute.

Yes, it sucked to have crap as blatant as that done with no repercussions.
I get it. It is literally as obvious as it can be but at the same time no money exchanges hands there.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
In person draw = Christmas morning.
Computer draw = Christmas is cancelled on Dec. 24.
Plus, sarcastically speaking, you'll know when you leave if someone is going to get in touch with you about your car's(blind's) extended warranty, and offer you 16k for the privilege of fixing it for you.

rukiddin

And another clueless idiot chimes in.
When hunters see individuals make clear offers with LAW ENFORCEMENT watching and they just grin and shake their heads, who is the "clueless idiot"??? The ones witnessing the blatant violations or the ones incapable of making a case?
I'm out. No need in name calling. Kinda like liberals, usually the first ones to name call are the ones who were in the wrong in the beginning.

If they wanted to catch people they could. There was a very large event that happened a few years ago and the person that drew the blind was a TWRA employee. They may not could prosecute since they didn't see money change hands but you could loose your job there was enough evidence for that.

scn

When hunters see individuals make clear offers with LAW ENFORCEMENT watching and they just grin and shake their heads, who is the "clueless idiot"??? The ones witnessing the blatant violations or the ones incapable of making a case?
I'm out. No need in name calling. Kinda like liberals, usually the first ones to name call are the ones who were in the wrong in the beginning.
Not surprising considering the source.

Have a great day.

tickweed

The in person draws , especially the one at Big Sandy , as most here know did have a very obvious pro lems with the blinds being sold. As soon as the first name was called, you would see 5 or 6 different guys scattered out in the crowd take off toward the drawn person, then run up, start making an offer before they ever got to the table to chose. Right in front of TWRA. As SCN stated, they had there hands tied. l went every year, from 1978 to the last yr they drew in person to big sandy. Never got my name drawn, but went up with a buddy , just himself and me. He was drawn second, l stood up, took one step, had a guy run up, asked would l take 12 thousand for the pick. He had a roll of 100s that would have choked a mule. l tried to do the right thing, took another step, another guy offered 16. My buddy is a really honest ,law abiding guy. He actually drew, so l asked him, he said no, wouldnt be right. So that old saying, a fool and his money are soon parted, was true two times that day. The guys for offering, us for not taking. LOL. I really believe the main reason the in person draws where done away with was because of a few groups at Big Sandy who did this for years, disregarding the rules. TWRA would always announce right before draw it was illegal to try and buy, or sell a blind. First draw foward, these guys where so oblivious. Total disregard for TWRA, and many other legal hunters. waterfowling is my passion. Always has been. l just cant understand why those guys would pay that kinda money for a few spots up there, when they could have paid a yrs payments on a spot they could have owned. lm gonna make some people mad here, but The commission took alot of blame for going to computer draws, but the blame should really be put on the groups who broke the rules ever year. There are several posting on this thread that know who most of these guys where. Myself included. Sad it ended, but They just finally got tired of it. Wasnt enforceable, a few groups kept pushing it in their face. plus you had a few commissioners from east Tn, one who was the lead commissioner at the end of his term, who really pushed it hard to be made a draw, supposedly to make it much more fair for east Tn. hunters to have a chance to duck hunt in West Tn. lm all for equal chances state wide, but it just wont work, because many of these West Tn WMA blind sites are hard to find, get to. especially for a group who doesnt have any knowledge of the area. Dodge man can back me on this. a lot of these sites require boating in the dark thru flooded timber,, for sev miles. just no way for a non local to find. Honestly, it gets really old , especially a couple guys who just constantly complain about how TWRA took away the in person draws from them. they need to blame the few groups who every year continued to buy blinds at big sandy. That's the real truth about who got it ended. sorry for my rant.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I've never hunted Big Sandy, but I do have a lease in Arkansas I've hunted for 10+ years. I don't pay 16k for it and it has a house included. How many ducks are these top pick blinds killing? Just curious, as I've only hunted Cheatham and Old Hickory in mid Tn.

West_Tn

I've never hunted Big Sandy, but I do have a lease in Arkansas I've hunted for 10+ years. I don't pay 16k for it and it has a house included. How many ducks are these top pick blinds killing? Just curious, as I've only hunted Cheatham and Old Hickory in mid Tn.
Not many these days.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Prior to the Tier 2 blinds being there instead of the traditional season long blinds, a couple of these blinds regularly killed 1200+ in a season. The rest were in the 3-600 range, at least in Camden Bottoms. The last couple of years prior to the tiered blinds were down some, with a couple in the 750-900 range and the rest around 200. By comparison, our blind on Ky Lake last year was 50-60, and the two season prior to that didn't meet that number combined.

Latest posts