Blind Drawing Question

DeerWhisperer

Guys, have a question. This is the first time we have applied for the drawing since moving to the on-line process.

Can someone confirm what licenses are needed at the time of application? I understand each party must have a valid Tennessee Hunting license along with the migratory bird permit. is there any other license requirments? Someone mentioned to me they thought a WMA permit was required, I dont see why that would be required, espeically if you are not drawn, that would be a waste of money.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Sportsman or Lifetime or Hunt/fish combo with a WMA small game/waterfowl (season license only)
Gotta have migratory bird as well. This is free with sportsmans license, but you still have to have it on there. The one for hunt/fish combo costs a couple bucks to add on.

DeerWhisperer

Gotta have migratory bird as well. This is free with sportsmans license, but you still have to have it on there. The one for hunt/fish combo costs a couple bucks to add on.
Thanks for the information, most of our group has a Sportsman License so we have no issue. We do have two guys that do not. I just dont understand why TWRA woud require a WMA permit at a cost of $61 just to apply. So if you are not drawn, is that money just wasted or do they get a refund.

drake799

Thanks for the information, most of our group has a Sportsman License so we have no issue. We do have two guys that do not. I just dont understand why TWRA woud require a WMA permit at a cost of $61 just to apply. So if you are not drawn, is that money just wasted or do they get a refund.
I sure am glad they require it. I can't imagine how many people would apply if weren't for that lol

Latest posts