Super Regionals

PalsPal

Tennessee should have a pretty good chance today. According to somebody that does some good research, Southern Miss pitching really drops off now from what they've thrown the first 2 games.

That's what I was hoping.

Jump on them early and keep the pressure on.

wayne

And apparently, if the game can't be played tonight, Tennessee advances due to having a better RPI.
Screenshot_20230612_161156_Twitter.jpg

PalsPal

Well, I have a prior commitment at 6, so I was going to have to catch up when I got home.

Radar show storms just north of Hattiesburg, moving southeast at a pretty good clip. I would guess a couple of hours at the earliest. I wonder after the "30 min lightning strike deal", and they allow players on the field, will they let them warm up and go through their pregame prep?

wayne

Well, I have a prior commitment at 6, so I was going to have to catch up when I got home.

Radar show storms just north of Hattiesburg, moving southeast at a pretty good clip. I would guess a couple of hours at the earliest. I wonder after the "30 min lightning strike deal", and they allow players on the field, will they let them warm up and go through their pregame prep?
Twitter is saying 9:00 et.

Gravey

And apparently, if the game can't be played tonight, Tennessee advances due to having a better RPI.View attachment 181954
It would work out for the Vols but advancing to the World Series based on that would suck and have an asterisk beside it. Just my $0.02.

Not sure I can stay up that late and watch it all. Gotta leave in the morning and drive almost 4 hours to Louisville and then another 4 to Knoxville when done.

GBO!!! 🍊

wayne

Vols lead 1-0 but have left way too many on base.
1 for 7 with runners in scoring position through 3 innings.

wayne

Denton with a 3 run hr.
4-0 Vols.
USM starter was around 90 pitches and had just hit Ahuna when Denton hit the hr. USM had 2 pitchers throwing in the bullpen for quite some time, including the Game 1 starter. You have to wonder why they didn't make the change after the hbp.

wayne

Vols go to the pen after USM gets s couple of hits and have runners on the corners with 0 outs in the top of the 7th. Beam leaves after 106 pitches and 7 k's.

Latest posts