"Super Freak" Update

pockets

Bowling GIF by Storm Products

JCDEERMAN

Hahaha I know that feeling. I'd say it eventually goes away but it doesn't. It really does help a lot to have some kind of mantra you go through with every shot, and make it part of your practice. For me it's making a conscious effort to breathe slow and stare at my aim point all the way from raising the bow to drawing it to releasing the arrow. It keeps me from looking at antlers. Then I fall apart like a feening crack head once the arrow flies 🤣
Same. I typically have ice cold veins until the shot, then I lose it 🤣

UCStandSitter

I'm gonna try that. Call it "Buck Fever" or whatever....my heartrate goes from 60 to 160 in 3 sec. I need to practice shooting with that kind of heartrate.

160 is a little dramatic....
Last year I got a new watch (Garmin). Didnt realize it had a high heart rate alarm. Drew back on a doe and it starts goin off. Doe looks right at me. Luckily I dropped the hammer before she could react. Did it during a speech I was giving at work too for about 500 people. That was fun… Finally figured out how to turn it off

Specializedjon

Last year I got a new watch (Garmin). Didnt realize it had a high heart rate alarm. Drew back on a doe and it starts goin off. Doe looks right at me. Luckily I dropped the hammer before she could react. Did it during a speech I was giving at work too for about 500 people. That was fun… Finally figured out how to turn it off
😂 😂

tdt5446

These stories are great, what is really great is that are being shared knowing that the laughs and ridicule is sure to come! I think that is one of the true traits of a hunter, we can brag about our successes and laugh at our misses. I read these and chuckle and say to myself, "yep, I know how he feels". Thank you for sharing, and I am anxiously waiting for a pic of "Super Freak".

Ski

These stories are great, what is really great is that are being shared knowing that the laughs and ridicule is sure to come! I think that is one of the true traits of a hunter, we can brag about our successes and laugh at our misses. I read these and chuckle and say to myself, "yep, I know how he feels". Thank you for sharing, and I am anxiously waiting for a pic of "Super Freak".

Yessir I agree 100%. The jokes and comic relief are all part of the healing process, turning heartbreak into laughs.