Sick sick sick - UPDATE

Gravey

Had a doe come by me and breathing heavy so thought ok where's big boy. Well all of a sudden he appears in the lane in front of me and starts walking directly to me. Knew instantly he was a shooter in my book. Veers to my right at maybe 10 steps and I try to stop him but he doesn't. My scope was on 5 😬 and I had it on the shoulder and squeezed. He jumped and ran 40 yards behind me. Heard him cough and could see blood in his mouth then he lays down. Too thick to get another shot so just keep trying to watch him. Eventually gets up and starts walking away. Maybe should taken a Texas heart shot but I didn't. He's hopping really bad on the front right leg. I get down and am trying to ease up and scanning with binoculars and don't see him. There's a little draw so I take 2 steps and he jumps up, goes into the bottom and up the other side. I see him stop and then lose him so I back out. I'm thinking 1 lung and a busted up shoulder but what are y'all's opinions? Trying to figure out do I go back in this afternoon and see if I find him or wait until after tomorrow morning hunt. Once on the ground I tried to find where he was bedded but so thick I couldn't figure it out and didn't see blood. Fingers crossed it's a dead deer walking.

Ski

I agree sounds like a lung hit but depending on where you hit it could also be esophagus. If he had blood coming from his mouth he's dying. Just no telling when or where. Try not to worry too much. Compose yourself and start the search. I think he's going to die but since he saw you coming for him it might be a long track job so don't give up too soon.