Sick sick sick - UPDATE

eyeseeker

Dang. Wish I wasn't working the weekend...I'd help you look. My place is extremely close to you right off hwy 230 and Dodd hollow. Unfortunately I won't be back over there until Tuesday

TN Larry

Hope you find him. I would definitely get a dog and as said above Charles Miller is good from what I've heard and see posted. Blowing blood from nose is good, but he would have already been dead from a double lung before he got out of your sight. A deer can survive a one lung shot.

Also, not to rub salt in the wound, but I would have took the Texas heart shot on a wounded deer. I don't advocate it at all under normal circumstances but will try my best to put another shot in a wounded deer where I can.

Good luck finding him!

Gravey

Hope you find him. I would definitely get a dog and as said above Charles Miller is good from what I've heard and see posted. Blowing blood from nose is good, but he would have already been dead from a double lung before he got out of your sight. A deer can survive a one lung shot.

Also, not to rub salt in the wound, but I would have took the Texas heart shot on a wounded deer. I don't advocate it at all under normal circumstances but will try my best to put another shot in a wounded deer where I can.

Good luck finding him!
I talked to several folks last night and Charles was one of them. He's in Wilson county. Finally got someone available and they'll be here at 8:00. Ive second guessed not trying to shoot through the brush or the Texas heart shot 1000 times. You can bet if it ever happens again I will.

ImThere

I talked to several folks last night and Charles was one of them. He's in Wilson county. Finally got someone available and they'll be here at 8:00. Ive second guessed not trying to shoot through the brush or the Texas heart shot 1000 times. You can bet if it ever happens again I will.
Don't do that to yourself things happen. I wouldn't have taken either of those shots as described.

TN Larry

We can Monday morning quarterback ourselves on what we should have done. You did what you thought you should do in the moment. All you can do is learn from the experience and hope you find him.

Bgoodman30

Good luck went through this a year ago today last year in the same area. Everyone was either hunting or slammed with tracks… Justin and the FB blood trailing network are good resources..

Gravey

Good luck went through this a year ago today last year in the same area. Everyone was either hunting or slammed with tracks… Justin and the FB blood trailing network are good resources..
I talked to several from the Facebook group but struck out. Did have one text me this morning that his partner could do it but already had somebody lined up through a friend of my brother.

Gravey

Well this one doesn't have a happy ending. Guy got there with the dog this morning and we worked for 2 hours and no luck. If he's alive I'm not sure how but here's the lesson learned…if you see one lay down and think he's gonna die go ahead and shoot him again even if you're not sure you can get through the brush he's in. One thing's for sure if you don't send another at him you have zero chance of hitting him. I'd love to go back in the next day or two and look for buzzards but am an hour and a half away and probably not possible.

Latest posts