Sick sick sick - UPDATE

Gravey

If that's the same buck you shot, he appears to be fine. Too bad you didn't get a series of broadside pics.
Glad he's alive. May just be the pic but it looks like he's got something going on with his right leg.
His front right leg is where I shot him and definitely messed up. This pic is probably 500 yards or so from where I shot him.

rem270

His front right leg is where I shot him and definitely messed up. This pic is probably 500 yards or so from where I shot him.
My nephew hit a buck low on the juvi hunt last year. I searched my whole property and he showed back up on cam a couple days later. He was in rough shape but made it through season and I got one pic of him in the summer and haven't seen him since.

Iglow

I talked to several folks last night and Charles was one of them. He's in Wilson county. Finally got someone available and they'll be here at 8:00. Ive second guessed not trying to shoot through the brush or the Texas heart shot 1000 times. You can bet if it ever happens again I will.
An old big deer killer we knew told us with the big ones, you shoot to break them down any way you can even on the first shot. Shoot them through the hips or neck if that's all you have because that may be all he gives. Hindsight 20/20 but in that instance shoot him in the hips or Texas or spine him , anything that breaks down his mobility.

mike243

Hope you get another crack at him, when possible I been known to empty the rifle till they are off their feet, ammo is the last thing I worry about lol, that's the bad thing about a ML 1 and done for a minute.

Latest posts