"Super Freak" Update

Specializedjon

I normally don't name bucks, but when I saw this guy on camera in July the words that came out of my mouth were "Super Freak". He's is the tall 10 pt. I've been watching every night for the past several weeks and have taken two shots at him. First one at 63 yds (see previous post)...thought it was only 50 yds but rechecked it on Saturday. Ugh. Second one was Saturday morning at 40 yds. Walked in right at 0630. Made a hard left at 60 yds and went out of sight. Small buck walked out in the field and "Super Freak" came back and stood at 40(ish) yards staring right at me. I couldn't move for about 10 min. Stomping and blowing at me trying to figure me out. When he turned his head I drew and rushed the shot (high this time) LKJ&^Y(*O&$#RPOIBERF^%&*^%*(*&UL:H$R:#JK$NR

Frickin-A!!! Straight up miss. 100% my fault. He didn't know what had happened and went out to 70 yds and stood there staring at me for another 10 min. before running off.

I hope this book I'm writing about this buck doesn't have too many more chapters. I've got claymore mines in the tree line and I'm taking the crossbow in as a backup to the compound. Redemption is coming.

Specializedjon

Are air strikes legal during archery season? I know a guy......

post today GIF

Ski

I regularly practice from 30 in but I'm usually not shaking and my heartrate is usually not 250.

Hahaha I know that feeling. I'd say it eventually goes away but it doesn't. It really does help a lot to have some kind of mantra you go through with every shot, and make it part of your practice. For me it's making a conscious effort to breathe slow and stare at my aim point all the way from raising the bow to drawing it to releasing the arrow. It keeps me from looking at antlers. Then I fall apart like a feening crack head once the arrow flies 🤣

Specializedjon

Hahaha I know that feeling. I'd say it eventually goes away but it doesn't. It really does help a lot to have some kind of mantra you go through with every shot, and make it part of your practice. For me it's making a conscious effort to breathe slow and stare at my aim point all the way from raising the bow to drawing it to releasing the arrow. It keeps me from looking at antlers. Then I fall apart like a feening crack head once the arrow flies 🤣
I'm gonna try that. This is the closest I've seen him. Maybe it's in my head, but he gets bigger and bigger every time I see him. Appreciate the tip. I'm starting to dream about this dang buck. Last nights dream....I shot him, he ran into a Panera Bread restaurant, I went in to recover him, ate a sandwich next to him, then he woke up and ran off. I'M LOSING MY MIND 🤪 🤣 🤪 🤣 🤪

UCStandSitter

I HAVE A RANGE FINDER (sorry....shouldn't have yelled) 🤣 . I regularly practice from 30 in but I'm usually not shaking and my heartrate is usually not 250.
I know you don't need this brother but it always seems to shock folks when I tell them I practice this way. I'll jog around the yard for a bit and then go shoot. I'm fat and old so it doesn't take much to get my heart rate up but, it does a decent job of mimicking the adrenaline rush of buck fever. Been doing it a couple years now for the month immediately preceding the season. Now when the adrenaline rush comes, it's expected and welcomed. Feels like home.

Specializedjon

I know you don't need this brother but it always seems to shock folks when I tell them I practice this way. I'll jog around the yard for a bit and then go shoot. I'm fat and old so it doesn't take much to get my heart rate up but, it does a decent job of mimicking the adrenaline rush of buck fever. Been doing it a couple years now for the month immediately preceding the season. Now when the adrenaline rush comes, it's expected and welcomed. Feels like home.
I was thinking about doing that but I didn't want to spill my beer 🤣

I'm selling all my stuff and joining a bowling league.

Latest posts