Savage 212 vs 220

Headhunter

I have the 220. I do not see a need for the 12. mine will shoot 3" groups at 200 yards. here is what is does at 100 yards.

killed 6 does with last year.
I posted this on another topic on here, but I killed the next to last morning of the season last year.

From looking at ballistics, I am not sure if it will kill at 200 yards but it will out to 150 yards. Killed a doe with it and left a great exit hole. Leupold 3-9 vx2 with lrd is a great scope for it. I a shooting 2-3/4 remington accutips,light recoil which is nice. 3" do not shoot any better.

BuckHunter511

I once watched a hunting show and they did a segment comparing the two. Basically it's preference. The 212 has a slight edge on knock down power, but the 220 holds its own and is a deer killer as well. They both are very accurate when matched with the right slug, 1-1.5'' groups. So for a little less ( and I mean LITTLE less knock down power) I would go with the 220. It is just as accurate, a kid could use it and it is going to be a deer shoulder destroying machine. Both deer killed in the show were bang-flops.

de novo

I have the 220 and an Illinois buck made it 20 yards after the shot. I liked it so much I never took my .30/06 out of the safe last year back in Tennessee. I may have one on the classifieds in a few weeks.

Latest posts