Gloves vs Hand Muff!

deerhunter10

Hate gloves. Wear thin ones have had for years and then I have just a little thicker pair for when it's really cold. But I have a muff around my wist any time its 50 degrees and colder. My hands are about the only thing I struggle keeping warm. Rechargeable hand warmers are always in my bag if needed. Hate thick gloves. Never like the mits that fold just not for me either.

JeepKuntry

Currently use gloves. Have a mitt that I haven't used in 3-5 years. Gonna use wool gloves next year with mitt and rechargeable hand warmer if it's ever cold enough.

killingtime 41

I wear gloves that you can buy that have finder tips cut out and thumb cut out. The thumb will flip on or off and is magantized and the fingers have a flip up muff type of cover and is magnetic to attach to back hand of the glove. Hard to explain but I've used them for years. Easily flip it up to have your finger tips exposed to make a shot.

huvrman

I wear gloves that you can buy that have finder tips cut out and thumb cut out. The thumb will flip on or off and is magantized and the fingers have a flip up muff type of cover and is magnetic to attach to back hand of the glove. Hard to explain but I've used them for years. Easily flip it up to have your finger tips exposed to make a shot.
I use these in combo with a muff, (and hardwarmers if it gets into the 20s.) Love the muff. Can keep phone, calls, etc in it as well. When done I store my gloves, face mask, cap in it until the next hunt. So the same when turkey hunting.

BSK

My daughter just got those gloves this year. She loves them.

Lost Lake

I don't like wearing gloves, no matter how cold. If I do, I always feel like they'll be a major hindrance when a deer shows up and I'm fumbling for my weapon.

I just leave my bow or rifle hanging from the tree beside me and keep my hands in my pockets. That's usually plenty. On the coldest of days that I hunt, I might cram some handwarmers in my pockets.

Southern Sportsman

I hate gloves and always have, just dont like to wear them at all.
Same. I like to wear pullovers with a front handwarmer pocket that I can slide both hands into. Seems to keep my hands warmer than a coat or jacket with separate pockets for each hand. If it's bitter cold and I'm duck hunting, I'll put a cheap brown jersey glove on my left hand while I'm running the boat, but that's really the only time I wear any type of glove.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
I'm considering the hand-muff. I normally like to wear light weight fleece gloves and put my hands in my pockets. The problem is that I have difficulty getting my hands into my pockets while keeping my rifle secure. The pockets aren't in ideal locations. I kind of keep an arm through my sling and maybe wrap the sling around a wrist; it's all pretty awkward. I've never had a hand-muff so I don't know if I'd have better luck with it.

Snake

I use a wool thin glove and have a thicker set when it's real cold . Either one on I can function my safety and trigger without taking them off . Used to have mitts but too bulky and fumbling to get them off just makes me think a deer may see my movement so I don't use them anymore.

Latest posts