6.5 Grendel vs deer

Remi

They're neat rifles. If I could put one in a classic style stock and get a flush mount floor plate, I think I'd really like one.

I cut down my factory mag to 3 rounds and nubbed the mag release. The 3 round mod fits flush.

Remi

I cut down my factory mag to 3 rounds and nubbed the mag release. The 3 round mod fits flush.

My stock got the belt sander treatment and I ditched the thick recoil pad for a 1/2 Decelerator.

Attachments

• IMG_2654.jpeg
    IMG_2654.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2655.jpeg
    IMG_2655.jpeg
    483.6 KB · Views: 35

backyardtndeer

BCAs are cheap, but it's 50/50 of you will get a good one. The replacement that I have now is accurate, and functions after I did some polishing and fitting, but it was a painful and long warranty claim process. I will not buy from them again. I'd rather go PSA if I wanted to go the budget route
Probably cheap for a reason. Agree on stepping up to PSA in the same general budget, or for a bit more a person could move up to aero or get a ballistic advantage barrel and build one out.

Rockhound

Mine is an alexander arms and shoots about 1.5 moa with factory stuff, I haven't started handshaking yet. I have a built from scratch 6 arc upper that I need to work with and a howa mini 20" 6 arc that shoots 3/8" groups with 95 gr sst

TN deer hunter

I love my .243 Grendel! I built this for accuracy and she doesn't disappoint!
Part list:
Radian Weapons 15" builders kit
Proof 18' Carbon Fiber wrapped 7.5" barrel and has been head spaced for the JP bolt.
JP Silent Capture System
JP Operating System
JP EnhancedBolt Assembly Completion Group
Triggertech Diamond AR Flat trigger
Geissele Mil-Spec buffer tube
SLR Sentry 7 gas block
Radian Ultrlight QD Endplate
Suppessed Armament System 6.5mm TOMB muzzle brake. 4150 Black Nitride finish.
Magpul Stocks and Grip
Bushnell LRHS

My son killed this 8pt on opening day of rifle season last year using a newly built 6mm ARC using factory Hornady 108gr. ELD-M.
Shot was 320yds, bullet entered behind shoulder and you can see the exit in pic. buck ran 10-15 yds

Rifle shoots under a 1" @200yds, velocity avg is 2,571 fps.

I killed this 8pt @ 277 yds last weekend. Deer dropped at the shot, broke both shoulders found the bullet just under the hide of opposite shoulder.

IMG_3354.jpg

Latest posts