Gloves vs Hand Muff!

Wrangler95

I wear gloves most time in a treestands but gonna hunt on ground tomorrow,may use my muff tomorrow with my electric hand warmer.I will wear gloves until I get to my stand

CliffordN

I can't manage the safety and trigger with the gloves I wear. So, I keep my left one on, and keep my right hand in my pocket, or the front of a hoodie, with a hand warmer. Sometimes, when I take it out to grab the rifle it feels like it may freeze to it....

BSK

Have carried a muff for as long as I can remember. I wear thin gloves and keep my hands in the muff. For years, I also had Hot Hands in the muff, but now use a rechargeable hand warmer (that will also recharge a phone).

I like the muff more because 1) I can wear much thinner gloves which makes shooting easier, and 2) the muff has a front zipper pocket where I store the stuff I will need to use a lot during a hunt.

mike243

Mitts with the cover that folds back to expose the fingers, I now use the rechargeable hand heaters that are supposed to be good for 20 hours on low, med is to hot until it gets colder . they fit into the mitten part hopefully they will stay in them when I pop my fingers out to shoot.

Wrangler95

Mitts with the cover that folds back to expose the fingers, I now use the rechargeable hand heaters that are supposed to be good for 20 hours on low, med is to hot until it gets colder . they fit into the mitten part hopefully they will stay in them when I pop my fingers out to shoot.
My wool gloves also fold back to expose the fingers but I like to hold onto my gun at all time so I use gloves most of time!

K-dub

I wear the under armor liner gloves. They are thin and fit snug. I've found that keeping the wind off my hands and the fact that they don't sweat with the thin gloves keeps them pretty warm. You can also still work a safety or anything else you need to do. Not sure if they even still make them.

DoubleRidge

Wool mitts with the cover that folds back to expose the fingers...with hand warmers added if real cold....this fall, being mild, I've just worn some thin wool glove liners that fit tight.

DMD

I've bought i don't know how many muffs. But, always end up just wearing thin gloves and keeping my hands in my pockets. Gave away a muff 3 or 4 years ago because I never used it. Then, turned around and bought two more in the last year. Haven't used either one of them. The muffs are just too bulky and something else to carry.

Latest posts