Saddle Hunters

Dkizer18

Mantis, with a wild edge perch, I have wild edge steps and hawk helium sticks. My brother has a Heath Hart saddle and aero hunter flex, out on a limb ridge runner and hawk helium sticks. Brother in law has a mantis with the predator platform and hawk helium sticks.

ImThere

Cool. How is that Heath Heart Saddle? Heard some pros and cons about it. No leg loop correct? I think it is the one kinda sitdragish? I would like to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImThere

JeepKuntry":35nc4bwd said:
Saddle hunting intrigues me. That being said, with 2 knee surgeries, and being on the husky side, I don't know if we're a good match. Not willing to drop the coin for a Tethrd setup.
I wish I was closer. They maybe someone near you that would let you try it out. I know there is a Saddle get together in Seymour in August 31st. If interested I could get you more information?

Dkizer18

ImThere":dh4ge5sx said:
Cool. How is that Heath Heart Saddle? Heard some pros and cons about it. No leg loop correct? I think it is the one kinda sitdragish? I would like to check it out.

The Heath Heart saddle is actually pretty nice, I am impressed with it. No leg loops but still very safe and comfortable, and you could always add them if you want to.

uncle_loue

second year saddle hunting public land in middle TN. using a sitdrag. last year i climbed with a 5 step aider using stirrups as a platform. waiting on an order of silent approach steps to try out for climbing and ring of steps platform on OCB buckle. cool to see more saddle hunt videos on the horizon!

ImThere

uncle_loue":29ogftyo said:
second year saddle hunting public land in middle TN. using a sitdrag. last year i climbed with a 5 step aider using stirrups as a platform. waiting on an order of silent approach steps to try out for climbing and ring of steps platform on OCB buckle. cool to see more saddle hunt videos on the horizon!
They work ok as a climbing method i dont like them for a ROS i could never get them tight enough

Dkizer18

uncle_loue":7xf9yw34 said:
Yep, there are many dedicated saddle hunting channels on Youtube. It should be fun, we are not the greatest hunters but have a lot of fun doing it. lol

morgancountry

2nd season for me. Hunted last year in a fleece and RC harness with a lone wolf hand climber. I have a Mantis this year. I love it with my entire setup being about 7 pounds or so. I have some wild edge steps with a 5 step aided but I like the hand climber better. Where is this get together in Seymour? More details please!

ImThere

b20b4edeea54a0bffc3d96390c91ab17.jpg

I hate that it's so far or I would ride up there.

Orion6

catman529":5yjyo8ma said:
Got my Mantis yesterday, man I can't wait to be in a tree again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking forward to your videos this year man.

I'm too out of shape and have some issues with arthritis that will forever keep me out of a saddle, but for your style of hunting it should be the perfect match.

infoman jr.

I'm strongly considering ordering a saddle if I can free up some funds. I tried out the Tethrd stuff at a demo they put on recently near Ft. Knox and liked it pretty well.

Dkizer18

infoman jr.":23ae6q1t said:
I'm strongly considering ordering a saddle if I can free up some funds. I tried out the Tethrd stuff at a demo they put on recently near Ft. Knox and liked it pretty well.

I went with Tethrd as well, it was less bulky for me and was pretty comfortable. My brother went with the Aero Flex. If you ever want to sit in any of them give me a shout. We have a lot of the platforms as well so you could try before you buy.

bigasports

Good afternoon boys!!! Nothing like sitting in your saddle on those crisp fall Tennessee days!!! I'll be hunting out of Tethrd's awesome saddle this deer season. As far as climbing method.....I'm using many. My favorite is spurs but obviously they are not legal on public. Since I hunt mainly public lands that limits me to other options. I will be trying cranford rope steps with a moveable aider, the tried and true climbing sticks with a moveable aider, and lastly bolts. My platform is the kickarse Tethrd Predator.
Now I may be a little biased since I am on the Tethrd staff but geezzzzz they have killer products for saddle hunters. I'm in the middle TN area. If anyone ever wants to try out any of my saddle gear give me a shout.

Good luck this season fellas!! Be sure to post those saddle kills in this thread!!!

Adrian

Latest posts