Saddle hunters?

ruger7mag

2-Step Enabled
I use a one stick when I hunt public. It takes some practice, but I like it way better than carrying/using multiple sticks.
When I'm hunting private, I use a hand drill and carbon Bolts.

Tn Joe

I use two sticks with a aider on them and just leap frog with them. I found myself tired and sweating doing the one stick but you may be different. I do rappel down and would not do it any other way. Hardly any chance of falling and I feel more secure doing it that way.
I definitely don't want to climb down aiders in the dark.

ImThere

I use three sticks with 5step aiders. Could be 3 step on the top two since I'm height challenged! It's real easy to end up too high this way. A lot of times I end up just using 2 sticks stopping and setting my ROS. I'm usually about 12-15 foot at that point depending on how big around the tree is and how high I get the first stick.

ronnycl

I like using 4 tethrd one sticks. I may use only 3 depending on cover available. I will use an aider on the bottom step at times but I do not like coming down in the dark on an aider. Worth the extra stick for me.

UCStandSitter

I'm not an aider fan. I've tried several and all of em make me uncomfortable. Those few feet ain't worth a broken bone for me. I'm not a monkey and don't play one on TV. I'll leave the acrobatics for you younger, slimmer, and more agile fellas

ImThere

I'm not an aider fan. I've tried several and all of em make me uncomfortable. Those few feet ain't worth a broken bone for me. I'm not a monkey and don't play one on TV. I'll leave the acrobatics for you younger, slimmer, and more agile fellas
Lol I'm in my 50's and round as I am tall!!

Latest posts