Saddle Hunters

lungpuncher1

I went with the flex and love it so far.

I have lone wolf, muddy and beast sticks and also bolts with a tree hopper mini auger, not sure which one I'll use the most yet for my climbing method.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TN Whitetail Freak

lungpuncher1":13n68hnv said:

I have lone wolf, muddy and beast sticks and also bolts with a tree hopper mini auger, not sure which one I'll use the most yet for my climbing method.

My flex after 3 climbs

ImThere

TN Whitetail Freak":34weed4q said:
lungpuncher1":34weed4q said:

My flex after 3 climbs
Is that the rubbery inner coating coming off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harold Money jr

This season will be my 27th using a saddle. I use an Anderson Sling, with 3/8 grade 8 bolts and a woodpecker drill bit. I sometimes use my lone wolf steps to get up the tree then drill steps. I'm testing out the stepp ladder system this year.

bigasports

ImThere":2pjfrebb said:
TN Whitetail Freak":2pjfrebb said:
lungpuncher1":2pjfrebb said:

My flex after 3 climbs
Is that the rubbery inner coating coming off?

That's what it looks like Ricky. Prob not a bad thing though. I'd hate to have a rubberish liner in my saddle. It's hot enough during archery season in the deer woods. That liner would bring on some major swamp butt I would imagine.

ImThere

bigasports":3v9n325m said:
That's what it looks like Ricky. Prob not a bad thing though. I'd hate to have a rubberish liner in my saddle. It's hot enough during archery season in the deer woods. That liner would bring on some major swamp butt I would imagine.
I was just surprised it was wearing so quickly.
I think it is required to keep the flex from flexing while walking IMHO.
I think it would help any saddle stay in place.

bigasports

ImThere":2ncruus5 said:
bigasports":2ncruus5 said:
I was just surprised it was wearing so quickly.
I think it is required to keep the flex from flexing while walking IMHO.
I think it would help any saddle stay in place.

Yes, I believe thats the point of it Ricky. To have the saddle to keep in place and not potentially ride up.

tree_ghost

9e1285a27888598a7474bf4b5e6c491c.jpg

First official hang in my DIY...had a great morning. About 4 hours in the saddle. It was comfortable enough but I think I'll stitch up a backband for some support.

J_W

This fall is my second in a saddle. I ordered a Mantis and Predator the week they went on sale last year and have since sold my Lone Wolf hang on. I wish now I'd have been in a saddle years ago. I have LW and Helium sticks, and Wild Edge Stepps. I really want the WE stepps to work for me, but I'm carrying the cut down Heliums the most. I'm interested in picking up a single Muddy Pro stick for 1-sticking if anyone has one for sale.

ImThere, I'm the guy that messaged you about the 8/31 meetup on saddle hunter. I seldom check in over here anymore.

J_W

ImThere":uwryo7gt said:
Hi Jason you ready for season!?!

Well I'm excited about it but never as ready as I would prefer to be. You?

My KY hunt got canceled due to my grandma's passing. I killed a nice buck up there on the 4th day of season last year. I hope to get up there this October but don't expect to draw the area I am hunting for November. I've checked some local public spots, but just the edges so far...

rhinoblake

Great discussion here fellas. I like reading the about the many different setups and the trial and error side of equipment. Cudos to you guys as the trial and error side is what delayed me in diving in head first.
Two years ago I was helping a buddy of mine cutdown some trees and we had a maple get hung and not fall. My buddy Allred his neighbor who is a professional arborist. Watching that ole boy climb the tree and set up to work, man the lightbulb went off! I couldn't believe how quick and safe it was. Once I dove into it I was blown away with how many different setups folks have come up with.

My other biggest reason for buying a saddle is this. Through my short progression as a deer hunter I moved from field edges to the thick stuff. The noise and difficulty with my climber and even my lock ons drove me to ground hunting. This season will be my first trial and error with a Mantis. I haven't decided on a platform yet.

ImThere

Awesome Rinoblake. You will enjoy that Mantis. If you have any questions ask BigASports he is pro staff for Tethrd.
Jason I had shoulder surgery and am sidelined for the season

J_W

That's right, I forgot you told me about the surgery.

I completely agree, rhinoblake. The ability to move through thick cover quietly is a game changer.

ImThere

GOODWIN":lo9nd0f4 said:
Any reason I couldn't just use my hss harness with linemen's loops, bridge and tether?
absolutely, I'm not sure how comfortable you will be without a seat, combine that with a sitdrag or a fleece saddle and you will be set!

Latest posts