Rut over in summer county?

Deerhunter47

Just wondering what everybody thinks. Was very active before I travelled most of last week. No does are grouped and bucks are small and acting nonchalant. Also my other spot I hunt is in Overton county. Anybody have any report from up that way? It's a long way from home and tough to retrieve deer on they property so I go there less often. Any info appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquaholic

The "RUT" isn't over till all does are bred, activity may slow down some tho, second "RUT" is about to get going...

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

catman529

I think it peaks early to mid November in Sumner, but with the amount of does up there, I'm sure it trickles out through December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buccaneer

Group of bachelor bucks on Stop 30 road this morning at 0500. A couple of impressive specimens. They are rapidly running out of habitat in this area.

tke466

My observations from my cameras and activity late last week through the weekend is YES. I spent a lot of time in the woods. Only one mature buck cruising in 4 days. Compared to several a day during peak. Now I'm waiting for it to heat back up again soon. My experience is I can see them back out in the back half of December.

Another note is all my acorns are ate up. They are back to browsing predominantly and even eating the hedge apples. That has changed movements a lot too.

tke466

Oh and many scrapes are not being refreshed. There are fresh rubs still showing up though. My guess that's mostly nocturnal activity. The bucks will come back around.

BULL MOOSE

This is interesting.

Attachments

• 40A71373-6CDA-462C-9EF4-CD560378D086.jpeg
    40A71373-6CDA-462C-9EF4-CD560378D086.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,668

BULL MOOSE

cbhunter":26ho77q7 said:
BULL MOOSE":26ho77q7 said:
This is interesting.
i generally agree with that. This year just hasn't been as intense as some other years IMO

the funny thing is that if you go to GON.com, they show a map with crazy rut dates all over the state of GA.

Spurhunter

BULL MOOSE":2ev13z4y said:
This is interesting.

This is extremely accurate based on where I hunt. The rut is always very late November/very early December in SW TN. I also hunt a farm in Columbus, MS and after hunting it a few years we figured out the rut is wide open in January every year. Works out great for me. I hunt SW TN until January 1st, then spend January hunting in Columbus.

megalomaniac

Remember when reading maps based on conception dates to back up approx 1 week from the dates given to determine peak of 1st rut breeding. When biologists examine fetuses to determine average conception, those conceived during 2nd rut will skew the average to about a week later.

I figured this one out comparing what I was seeing of actual peak breeding vs conception map dates, and I'm sure this is the reason why.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Ski

I live in Coffee Co. just north of Manchester. Rut is winding down quick here. Was pretty strong through ML season. Pretty much exactly the same timeline as last year, although stronger this year.

whwood21

It is calming down in Davidson and Cheatham right now, but I have still seen bucks moving. Just gotta be out there and find them.

catman529

UTGrad":3t1uojvr said:
I'm a Sumner County native. "Summer" County? Lolololol

that's the universal autocorrect translation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Pin

As others have mentioned, the rut in Sumner is early to mid November — then a trickle from there in December.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts