Road kill observations

Ski

Finally saw a couple today. One was a fork horn I saw this morning on my way hunting. On my way back a few hours later it had been dragged off the road and head cut off. Who cuts off forky heads???

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Finally saw a couple today. One was a fork horn I saw this morning on my way hunting. On my way back a few hours later it had been dragged off the road and head cut off. Who cuts off forky heads???

Maybe they use the antlers to make crafts? 😂

Dumbluck

11-9-22. Kingston Springs to Columbia 1 deer. Columbia to Nashville 0 deer. Nashville to Hermitage 0 deer. Madison to Dickson 2 deer.

I did pick up some mature bucks cruising last night on camera and 1 new buck.

knightrider

No scrapes, very few rubs , and no deer on cams in three weeks in claiborne county definitely way behind here. Let over a dozen bucks walk last season and seven first two weeks of bow season and nothing since🙄

Fearless

I traveled from Calhoun Tn to Hixson TN to drop off my deer at processor today. I saw Nine does on the side of the road round trip. Saw one with no Head so i am assuming a buck.

BSK

I-40 Nashville to KY Lake, almost zero. Normally, it would be kicking by now, especially near Kingston Spring. Two days ago, my daughter said she saw quite a few in on I-65 near Bowling Green, KY.

AT Hiker

Maybe the person who hit the deer? You know how Western Ranchers fling coyotes across the top wire of a fence to warn other yotes, maybe the motorist attached the head to their car as a warning to other deer?

Or, they watch too many zombie movies. Only way to kill a zombie is to cut its head off...

DoubleRidge

Sure hope you're right. I have the same feeling. Although, I have nothing to judge anything by - no buck older than 1.5 yo on 11 cameras, zero rubs and zero scrapes on a quite large property. I don't know what to say. Speechless, quite frankly. I haven't seen this in the 30 years I've been hunting

I can't say that I've ever seen the lack of buck sign like I'm seeing this year? First week of November and I've seen one scrape and zero rubs....I normally count multiple rubs from the tractor while working and always see multiple rubs driving in and out of my long driveway...zero... unbelievable actually....but on a more positive note we are seeing bucks on camera...but through October it's been all night time movement for the mature bucks....hoping that's all getting ready to change though...off work Friday and all next week....weather is looking perfect.

JCDEERMAN

I can't say that I've ever seen the lack of buck sign like I'm seeing this year? First week of November and I've seen one scrape and zero rubs....I normally count multiple rubs from the tractor while working and always see multiple rubs driving in and out of my long driveway...zero... unbelievable actually....but on a more positive note we are seeing bucks on camera...but through October it's been all night time movement for the mature bucks....hoping that's all getting ready to change though...off work Friday and all next week....weather is looking perfect.
You're a lucky man having that time off! We've had one 2.5 and one 3.5 showed up within the last 2 days. Checked 7 cameras.

JeepKuntry

In the past week I have seen more roadkill and visiual sightings on the road. I bet the next 7-10 days western KY is gonna be on fire. Most of Tn is a 10-14 days out.

Ski

I just arrived in Ohio a few hrs ago and only saw 2 dead deer. I did see a nice mature buck tending a doe before I left TN.

I counted 7 scrapes on my way to stand here, all wide open and 3 are big as a compact car. In usual years this kind of activity is about a week ahead of when I see it in my part of TN, about an hour south of Nashville.

Latest posts