Road kill observations

Rob R.

From Oxford to Batesville MS north on I55 to Memphis and Hwy 7 (changes to hwy 18 at TN line) from Oxford to Holly Springs then hwy 78 to Memphis I've seen several dead deer on both roads. I can't compare to previous years but seems like a bunch of dead deer in the highways this year. Been seeing them for a couple weeks now.
My bride and I were coming home from dinner last night around 8 and a basket racked buck crossed the road probably
125' in front of us. I slowed way down and another basket rack buck was standing in the tree line waiting to cross.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Western KY and north stewart county TN its clear from roads and trail cams the few acorns around are just about gone. Bucks are beginning to be seen and run at dusk. The warm weather is suppressing daytime activity and the prerut is not quite started.
On the roads the cost of gas, cars and insurance has in fact reduced travel and slowed drivers. The road kill here is down in a big way.

Bear15

I bet I saw 20+ roadkills yesterday afternoon between Knoxville and Johnson City on 40, 81, & 26. Almost all were young bucks, spikes and small racks. Only one with the head removed. The cruising is definitely on but with these temps most will happen after dark.

hitek7

Saw very few driving to Indiana last Tuesday (11-1). Saw several in northern KY on the way back home Sunday (11-6).

buckbstr_1

I made the journey from Jackson, TN I-40 to Hendersonville, TN and saw maybe three or four dead deer. In the past, I saw 50-60 dead deer on I-40 by now.

Remington700

Here on the west side I have seen a few, but not a lot. I hunted this weekend and saw bucks still together and not a ton of buck sign like normal. I think we have a few weeks before the rut kicks in and the road kills increase.

Lost Lake

The roads near the farm in Henry county haven't been littered with deer debris yet, but when I left yesterday with 20 minutes of light left, deer were moving everywhere like I haven't seen in years.

It was an absurd number of them, and near every bunch of does was a goggle-eyed buck watching them like middle school boys at a dance with no clue what to do.

Thanksgiving weekend over there has always been when I see the most chasing, and things appear to be on schedule in that area from what I've seen so far.

JCDEERMAN

By this time next week it will be a different story.
Sure hope you're right. I have the same feeling. Although, I have nothing to judge anything by - no buck older than 1.5 yo on 11 cameras, zero rubs and zero scrapes on a quite large property. I don't know what to say. Speechless, quite frankly. I haven't seen this in the 30 years I've been hunting

Mcboom

Sure hope you're right. I have the same feeling. Although, I have nothing to judge anything by - no buck older than 1.5 yo on 11 cameras, zero rubs and zero scrapes on a quite large property. I don't know what to say. Speechless, quite frankly. I haven't seen this in the 30 years I've been hunting
I would expect the switch to flip for you in about a week. Just hang in there!

DeerMan66

I drove from Centerville TN to Cleveland TN today on 840, 24 and 75. I saw 8 dead deer over 200 miles. Its behind schedule for sure.

Latest posts