Remington 700 w Timney trigger

LCU

I decided against adjusting the factory trigger on my 7MM and replaced it with a Timney.

Has anyone else done the same thing to their 700?
Do you like it?

It is taking me some time to get used to it. Wondering if I am te only one?
Thanks

Sako

There are alot of people who do that.... However, I am not one of them. I just adjust the 700's trigger and I have had very good luck with that.... but then again I am not trying to get a trigger below about 1.5 lbs..

LCU

Mine is set at 2 lbs.
I can't say i don't like the trigger,but it is different than I expected it to be. I should have went with a Jewell.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
What's different? They're usually pretty good triggers but not a lot different than what can be accomplished with the factory trigger. Others are another story but you pay for them. If it's crisp with no creep and around 2 lbs. it's a good hunting trigger in my book.

cleatus2506

If you're gonna spend the money on a timney, go ahead and spend the little extra and get the Jewell. It's pricey but it is the absolute best, very easily adjustable from a safe hunting weight down to a few scant ounces for range work and back very dependably. I've shot a few different triggers and out of Shilens, Rifle Basix, Timney and several different adjusted factory triggers, the Jewell is the cream of the crop.