New Remington 700 rifles now fitted with Timney Triggers

jaybird62

Remington700

This should be a good move. They should have been able to develop a trigger though. Only thing people might not love is that it isn't adjustable.

BPhunter

This should be a good move. They should have been able to develop a trigger though. Only thing people might not love is that it isn't adjustable.
I believe you can order it with the 4 or 5 other adjustable Timneys.
However the non-adjustable at 3-4 lbs pull is still a great deal.

TNRifleman

Never was a problem with the 700 trigger. It was always about the money from the lawsuits. I suspect Timmey might find that out.
The lawsuits came about because people who shouldn't be working on triggers we working on them and didn't know what they were doing. There's a super fine line between safe and unsafe and most people had no clue they crossed it.

vonb

The Eliter Hunter comes on the LE and Alpha 1 models. They're adjustable from 1.5-4 lbs. All other models come with the non-adjustable Impact.

ROVERBOY

I worked with an older man, that had a 700 BDL that, he said he bought in 1966. It went off when he opened the bolt to unload it, after coming in from hunting. He said, I've probably done the same thing a thousand times. He had it pointed away from him, and sitting in the cab of his truck, when it fired. His ears rang pretty bad for a day or so. I think he ended up putting some type of adjustable with a safety on it.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
The lawsuits came about because people who shouldn't be working on triggers we working on them and didn't know what they were doing. There's a super fine line between safe and unsafe and most people had no clue they crossed it.
That may have been part of it, but I had a Remington 700ML that would go off when the safety was disengaged and that trigger had never been touched. I bought it new so I know it had never been worked on. Scared the crap out of me when it did it, but was in a safe direction. It was very repeatable as well. I think that the recoil had vibrated some of the set screws loose due to not enough locktite. I have video of it somewhere, you can hear it drop the firing pin when the safety is released. It was covered under the recall, I sent it back and they replaced the original trigger with the xmark, which I am going to replace as it weighs in at over 6 lbs. pull.

dogsled

2-Step Enabled
If it's for hunting 3-4 lbs is an easy pull. You don't need or want a hair trigger for hunting.
+1. I have a lot of rifles, lever action Marlins, bolts and to have them all about 3-4 lbs makes it easy for me to hunt with any one of them and be consistent. I am not trying to hit targets at 1000 yds from a bench.