Henry rifles?!?!

J.A.F.O.

Thinking about getting a golden boy .22lr for my son. Do any of you all have any experience with them?! I know they have a great reputation but wanted some real input from you all. Thx
Was also thinking about this new .360 BHMR for myself if I like the golden boy. Wanting a big boy lever action for some reason.

Wade195

I have the Henry Ho1 in 22lr. love it.
We have a few others in different action and calibers as well.
For me, I can't say enough good about them. They are made in the USA. As for me and my family, we're going to support them.

Last edited:

ScLowCountry

It seems that people either love them or hate them. I love mine. Some say that they're not as pretty or elegant looking as Marlins. I think they look way better than anything Rossi makes. They definitely feel better made than anything. Rossi or the other cheaper companies provide.

I had no issues with mine

Smo

Santa brought my Wife one for Christmas shortly after the first one she saw….😎😁

She hasn't shot it a lot, but I've fired a few 100 rounds thru it..
She had too have a scope on it ,so I ordered the mount & had a local smith at the time install it.

Very accurate little gun and has the smoothest action of any lever gun I've ever tried..👍

tnanh

It seems that people either love them or hate them. I love mine. Some say that they're not as pretty or elegant looking as Marlins. I think they look way better than anything Rossi makes. They definitely feel better made than anything. Rossi or the other cheaper companies provide.

I had no issues with mine
Look at the Rossi R 95. The new Rossi are very nice rifle. May not deter you from the Henry but will probably change your mind about Rossi.

Longbow2240

I don't have the Golden Boy but I have the Frontier, which is basically the same gun, accurate straight out of the box. Also have the Hoo1. Both are great shooting riffles, I have nothing negative to say about anything Henry makes. Own several guns from them, have single shots in the 20 gauge and a 243.

mr.big

I love mine. The only weak link is the firing pin and only then if you dry fire it a lot, will break. There are stainless replacements you can buy to fix it or you can call Henry and they will send you one free the actually sent me a couple. It's not hard to put in and you won't ever need it if you don't dry fire it much.

It's just a small flat piece the hammer hits from the rear and the front hits the shell.

They feed, extract and eject better than any 22 LR I have owned

J.A.F.O.

I love mine. The only weak link is the firing pin and only then if you dry fire it a lot, will break. There are stainless replacements you can buy to fix it or you can call Henry and they will send you one free the actually sent me a couple. It's not hard to put in and you won't ever need it if you don't dry fire it much.

It's just a small flat piece the hammer hits from the rear and the front hits the shell.

They feed, extract and eject better than any 22 LR I have owned
That's good to know. If it's simple smithing I'll be ok. Gonna go lay my hands on some today. I've not been this excited about spending money in since I bought my new bow. 😂

J.A.F.O.

Ohhhhhh man, y'all weren't kidding about them having a really smooth action. Didn't shoot one but messed with a golden boy for a few minutes. Felt great in the hand,action was incredible,octagon barrel is thick,balance was perfect for me when I threw it up on my shoulder. Felt like my over and under 20ga. Craftsmanship seems really top notch. I love the heavy feel of it especially for a 22. About 98.5% sure we will go back tomorrow and scoop it up.

That action was buttery though…they also had a Henry Original in 44-40 win. The $2k one without the foregrip. Ohhh my was that a piece of American craftsmanship.

Appreciate everyone's input on this issue and all I really had to do is get one in my hands and it sold itself. Shooting it will be even better. Thx y'all!!

vonb

I have shot the Henry 22 WMR with the octagon barrel. No recent lever comes close to the smoothness of the Henry. If there was one negative, the receivers on the Henry rimfires are an alloy and not steel.

DC219

I recently purchased a Big Boy Steel Carbine in .44 mag. The rifle is beautiful and the action is very smooth, but jury is still out on accuracy. I scoped it and shot a variety of factory ammunition. The only one that was accurate enough to hunt with was the Hornady 240 grain xtp. The leverRevolution and Buffalo bore loads shot terrible. I handloaded about 7 or 8 different loads and found three that seem to have good possibilities. After reading what is typical accuracy for .44 carbines, I definitely had to adjust my expectations and would be happy if I can get it to shoot 2.5 inch groups at 100 yards consistently. It has printed several groups under 2 inches, but then will inevitably throw an inexplicable flyer. I'm confident that I'll find a load that shoots decent, but it's definitely finicky.

vonb

I post earlier just on the octagon barrel 22 WMR. I also have a Big Boy carbine .357. This is my most accurate lever. I've been nothing by impressed with it.

Latest posts