Remington 700 ADL short action

kornbread

2-Step Enabled
I have a 223 in this and was trying to find a youth stock and haven't had any luck….any help is appreciated.

BigCityBubba

I could be wrong and I usually am but if you find an actual youth stock, it will probably be expensive. I would try and find a cheap stock that can be cut down. Wood or laminate is obvious but not sure you will find one that cheap. You might be able to find a cheap plastic stock, cut it, fill the butt with foam and glue a pad on. I have never done it but others may have and hopefully they will chime in. If it is doable and you don't already have one, I have a cheap plastic stock you can have.

megalomaniac

I pulled the barrel off a .223 i found for a good price and rebarreled it for 300 blackout for the kids when they were little. Gave the beautiful wood stock to Mr Big, and bought a beater old piece of crap wood stock for $20 and just chopped it off to 11in LOP and slipped a Simms recoil pad on the bare wood butt.

Billboy

I got one from Boyd's Stocks for my daughters 10/22 and it worked out great for not much $$. Custom length of pull and some special engraving. For a Rem 700, I would plan on skim bedding it just for the sake of better accuracy.

DaveB

Get the Boyds stock. I have 5 thumbholes and have no complaints. Yes, the stock is slightly heavier. Give you a good reason to work with the kids and get them muscles rolling.

And they look super cool--Here's my Browning A-bolt
Picture002.jpg

and a Glenfield 22 LR that is 40 years old
Glenfield60_3.jpg

PillsburyDoughboy

Boyd Stocks seem overly heavy for a youth stock. Does not make sense.

I would try and hunt down either a factory take off synthetic on ebay or find a Hogue and cut it down. You can usually find them for under $50 if you do your due diligence . They will be appropriately lighter for a Youth Model. You can probably do a DYI project with the help of YouTube if this is your first time doing it and do a decent job of it. Good Luck.

Remi

I have a 223 in this and was trying to find a youth stock and haven't had any luck….any help is appreciated.

Latest posts