Passing a 6.5 plus old deer

redblood

Looks like i will have to. This old warrior broke a side. Hope he can live long enough to regrow it.

Attachments

• DF97BFB1-138A-40E6-9EC1-50CC430C1B87.png
    DF97BFB1-138A-40E6-9EC1-50CC430C1B87.png
    121.3 KB · Views: 388
  • C5E05C70-5F16-45C5-BEB7-7766E41414CE.png
    C5E05C70-5F16-45C5-BEB7-7766E41414CE.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 386

megalomaniac

Be nice to have enough ground to pass on deer like that.
You don't have to have a lot of ground to pass deer... my new farm is 79 acres.... bought it 3 years ago. Haven't killed a deer off it until this year, and weve taken two 4.5yos on it so far this year. It does suck when your 120in 3.5yo 10pt and 120in 3.5yo 9pt you've raised gets shot by the neighbors or just before their prime, but it still doesn't change the fact I'm not picking my tomatoes when they are green... im waiting till they are ripe!

backyardtndeer

You don't have to have a lot of ground to pass deer... my new farm is 79 acres.... bought it 3 years ago. Haven't killed a deer off it until this year, and weve taken two 4.5yos on it so far this year. It does suck when your 120in 3.5yo 10pt and 120in 3.5yo 9pt you've raised gets shot by the neighbors or just before their prime, but it still doesn't change the fact I'm not picking my tomatoes when they are green... im waiting till they are ripe!
I pass plenty of deer, but mature bucks regardless of antler status are very rare, more challenging, and in my mind are a trophy. I would rather kill a mature buck without one side than find him dead of natural causes or old age, but that's just me.

Some on these forums have multiple farms and large tracts. If I had more to manage where I thought I would have a chance at older bucks making it through, I might have a different perspective, that was my point.

redblood

I pass plenty of deer, but mature bucks regardless of antler status are very rare, more challenging, and in my mind are a trophy. I would rather kill a mature buck without one side than find him dead of natural causes or old age, but that's just me.

Some on these forums have multiple farms and large tracts. If I had more to manage where I thought I would have a chance at older bucks making it through, I might have a different perspective, that was my point.
Age is the most important thing to me. But im hoping he will have 2 sides next year and be a yr older.

Snake

You don't like fried green tomatoes 😒 ??? J/K ...

Latest posts