Ok TN football question

deerdills

Tennessee played their best game of the year, while from the standpoint of penalties, time management at the end of the game due to play calling, and the botched punt return deal, Alabama played their worst game.
The end result was a game winning field goal for Tennessee as time expired.
If Alabama cleaned up the mistakes from Saturday in a 2nd game, in my opinion, it wouldn't be as easily in reach to win the game with a field goal at the end.
If Tennessee had cleaned up their mistakes, the game wouldn't have been as close as it was. They handed over a free touchdown at the end and the bummers still lost! That's pretty sad.

wayne

Bryce took some hard shots all night. I saw him try and extend a run one time and he took a hell of a shot to the shoulder. Bounced back like it was nothing. That shot to the head was clearly targeting. vols got a lucky break on that one. Not complaining as ALABAMA should have not had 17 penalties and the targeting call would NOT have made any difference in the outcome of the game but as Joe Biden would say Come on Man. That was Targeting under the rules.
It was literally reviewed for targeting.

buckaroo

Tennessee played their best game of the year, while from the standpoint of penalties, time management at the end of the game due to play calling, and the botched punt return deal, Alabama played their worst game.
The end result was a game winning field goal for Tennessee as time expired.
If Alabama cleaned up the mistakes from Saturday in a 2nd game, in my opinion, it wouldn't be as easily in reach to win the game with a field goal at the end.
Tennessee didn't play their best game where have you been all year, first interception, fumble and scoop, if we played again , with our 2 starters back we would have won by 21, remember we were up 18 before those mistakes

prstide

Tennessee didn't play their best game where have you been all year, first interception, fumble and scoop, if we played again , with our 2 starters back we would have won by 21, remember we were up 18 before those mistakes
I can understand being excited on a great victory but you can't really be serious?? How many times has a Saban coached Alabama team been beaten by 21 points??

No, UT was up by 18 in the first quarter.
Alabama took the lead, 49-42, with the scoop and score.

prstide

It was literally reviewed for targeting.
It was targeting. The rule book clearly states any blow to the head of a QB whether it be a hand, forearm, or helmet is targeting.

"According to the rulebook, targeting should be called whenever a player leads with his helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, head or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area."

UCStandSitter

This doesn't bother me. I've already said Heupel outcoached and outschemed Saban and Golding.
Heupel designed his formations and motions to exploit mismatches very well. Demarco Hellams @$$ got burnt 5 times by the same dude for TD's. 😂
You are a lil back and forth brother. One post is "eh, all good" another is "penalties, we were robbed". Bama lost to a better team. There is no evidence to the contrary.

PalsPal

So TN wins out, so does Alabama and whoever has to lose does so.
Can TN beat Alabama again in the SEC championship?

Just curious what everyone thinks.

And I thought it was such a simple question :D !

The answer is obvious in that, YES, TN CAN beat Bama again if they play. It should be a great game, and I would suspect that the point spread would be even closer.

As Jeremy Pruitt stated prior to the game, one of the keys would be if the refs will call PI on Bama, as they are coached to push the limits and be physical. They got busted Saturday. On a neutral field they may not. And of course, turnovers.

BUT, while I like our chances against GA, a loss would not surprise me.

Like I asked a few weeks ago, what happens IF GA, AL, and TN all end the year with one loss?

prstide

You are a lil back and forth brother. One post is "eh, all good" another is "penalties, we were robbed". Bama lost to a better team. There is no evidence to the contrary.
I haven't been back and forth on any post. The targeting call was missed, even after review, and I never said it affected the game's outcome.
Alabama lost to the most competitive Tennessee team they've had in a good long while. I knew the game was going to be a battle until the end.
Everything set up perfect this year for UT to pull out a victory. Alabama is now 15-1 against UT in the last 16 years. Great job!😏

cbhunter

@PillsburyDoughboy ALABAMA got beat by TENNESSEE. I don't care for either team. But you.....GROW up and get a set of nuts on you.
Quit bickering and making excuses, and hiding those said excuses by calling them "facts".
FACTS are that TENNESSEE BEAT ALABAMA. Chew on them apples.
Wasn't sure whether to use the "wow" "like" or "love" button on this post. Wish I could smash them all.

UCStandSitter

I haven't been back and forth on any post. The targeting call was missed, even after review, and I never said it affected the game's outcome.
Alabama lost to the most competitive Tennessee team they've had in a good long while. I knew the game was going to be a battle until the end.
Everything set up perfect this year for UT to pull out a victory. Alabama is now 15-1 against UT in the last 16 years. Great job!😏
Well if you're butt hurt feel free to get in line to take a number to tell me about it. I didn't say competitive. I said better. And yes, you've been back and forth whether or not your allegiance to Saban will allow you to acknowledge it.

And as we all know, refs are so likely to miss calls when they stop and review it for 5 mins from multiple camera angles. Even the Bama lovin CBS crew admitted it wasnt targeting. There was an offensive pass interference call that was missed pretty badly though that directly led to a Bama TD

Latest posts