Ok TN football question

PillsburyDoughboy

It was targeting. The rule book clearly states any blow to the head of a QB whether it be a hand, forearm, or helmet is targeting.

"According to the rulebook, targeting should be called whenever a player leads with his helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, head or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area."
And it's going to the SEC for review

UCStandSitter

Never ends with you does it? Honestly thought fellas were bein too hard on you. Felt bad (a very minute amount) for ya. Now I get it. You are the male college football version of a Karen. Gonna just go ahead and get a lil liberal with the ol green stripe and be much happier.

THEdonkey0515

Like I asked a few weeks ago, what happens IF GA, AL, and TN all end the year with one loss?
That means Bama is in the SEC chip game forsure.

And the UT vs UGA head to head decides the east.

So say UGA beats Tennessee by a TD they are the #1 team at home. UT drops back to #5 or #6 then wins 3 stright to finish the year. Knocking on a top 4 spot .

Then UGA or Bama would be getting a 2ed L

Does a 11-2 UGA team with losses to Bama and a late loss to KY or Mississippi state get in over 11-1 UT?

Does a 11-2 Bama team with losses to Tennessee and UGA get in over a 11-1 UT?

I just don't see how in either case.

Eighter Michigan or Ohio state taking a L last week of season also.

JBell

The speed at which UT plays at causes the errors on bamas behalf. This is the most penalized team saban has had. Like they expect it to be given to them. We've watched teams like this before. Takes a loss to get that reality check. I knew it was gonna be tough. Our DB's got demolished. That's where the game was lost. Couldn't run with the receivers and not enough safety help. Should make for a fun match up in Atlanta. Yes I'm aware of ol miss. But speed has always been Sabans kryptonite. And ol miss relays on a run heavy game that will fit our defense and allow fresh bodies. So we should see a rematch in atlanta. But it's football and anything can happen between now and then.

gasman

And suppose it is deemed as targeting. What happens then? We play the game again? Oh wait. No that won't happen. The guy gets to ride the bench for the first half of the UT Martin game. What a punishment to the Vols. Face it dude, the powers that be have reviewed the play several times already (Even before the sore Losers asked for a review) and NOTHING will change.

wayne

The speed at which UT plays at causes the errors on bamas behalf. This is the most penalized team saban has had. Like they expect it to be given to them. We've watched teams like this before. Takes a loss to get that reality check. I knew it was gonna be tough. Our DB's got demolished. That's where the game was lost. Couldn't run with the receivers and not enough safety help. Should make for a fun match up in Atlanta. Yes I'm aware of ol miss. But speed has always been Sabans kryptonite. And ol miss relays on a run heavy game that will fit our defense and allow fresh bodies. So we should see a rematch in atlanta. But it's football and anything can happen between now and then.
Run or pass, how are you going to substitute against no-huddle?
And for the record, Tennessee runs slightly more than they pass.

Crow Terminator

The most replayed part of that game wasn't the winning field goal or the awesome deep ball touchdowns, or the hard hits. It was the blonde Vols fan girl jumping up and down in the stands when her boob popped out on national television. It's all over the social media sites haha. That, and the dude puking up Gatorade.

UCStandSitter

The most replayed part of that game wasn't the winning field goal or the awesome deep ball touchdowns, or the hard hits. It was the blonde Vols fan girl jumping up and down in the stands when her boob popped out on national television. It's all over the social media sites haha. That, and the dude puking up Gatorade.
Missed this. Probably a good thing.

The Gatorade deal was wild. Never seen a fella use pukin as an intimidation tactic. I think if I were Bama D line I'd have been more confused than intimidated

TNTreeman

Come on buddy, take the loss and move on. Your no more responsible for the loss of your team as I am for the victory of mine. WE ARE JUST SPECTATORS! The bammers might even make it to the playoffs , they are a good team . If the Vols are lucky enough to get to play them again and lose I doubt one person will say " Vols beat the Vols , not bammer " this kind of talk is why most folks say bammers are a different breed. Vols were a better team Saturday , next time they may not be. It might end up being Ole miss vs Jawja, who knows.

prstide

Well if you're butt hurt feel free to get in line to take a number to tell me about it. I didn't say competitive. I said better. And yes, you've been back and forth whether or not your allegiance to Saban will allow you to acknowledge it.

And as we all know, refs are so likely to miss calls when they stop and review it for 5 mins from multiple camera angles. Even the Bama lovin CBS crew admitted it wasnt targeting. There was an offensive pass interference call that was missed pretty badly though that directly led to a Bama TD
I'll get back with you in a few weeks big guy. We will see if all this new found chest puffing after a narrow victory serves folks like you well come season end. I'm going to wager you'll be a bit heartbroken come January but you obviously think I'm wrong about everything else so we'll see. 😉

prstide

And suppose it is deemed as targeting. What happens then? We play the game again? Oh wait. No that won't happen. The guy gets to ride the bench for the first half of the UT Martin game. What a punishment to the Vols. Face it dude, the powers that be have reviewed the play several times already (Even before the sore Losers asked for a review) and NOTHING will change.
They will suspend the crew. This same crew was suspended in 2020 and reprimanded last year. Nothing is gonna change the result. Alabama was guilty of the largest majority of the penalties they accrued. Stupid mistakes and playing undisciplined against good teams gets you beat.

Last edited:

UCStandSitter

I'll get back with you in a few weeks big guy. We will see if all this new found chest puffing after a narrow victory serves folks like you well come season end. I'm going to wager you'll be a bit heartbroken come January but you obviously think I'm wrong about everything else so we'll see. 😉
I like when delusional folks make thinly veiled threats towards me. Always gone so well for them in the past

prstide

I like when delusional folks make thinly veiled threats towards me. Always gone so well for them in the past
Watch Out Reaction GIF

prstide

I'm not threatening to hit you moron. I knew I'd have to explain myself since your a Bama fan. Im saying your big talk will not go the way you think. Hubris never does…
You obviously missed the sarcasm in my initial post that was stating this exact thing about your hubris. I never felt threatened by your responses so we're good. 😂