Ok TN football question

PillsburyDoughboy

I heard it from a bammer….. Paul Finebaum
Paul Finebaum does a lot of talking that usually flexes to promote his own interest. If you remember correctly just one year ago he was saying that Dabo Swinney Dynasty was done at Clemson . Went on and on and on about it for months on end. Ran the man into the ground. Now look. Dabo back into the top 5. May I present to you Exhibit A for your viewing pleasure.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Paul Finebaum does a lot of talking that usually flexes to promote his own interest. If you remember correctly just one year ago he was saying that Dabo Swinney Dynasty was done at Clemson . Went on and on and on about it for months on end. Ran the man into the ground. Now look. Dabo back into the top 5. May I present to you Exhibit A for your viewing pleasure.

Crumbling

chris1976

What happened in that game? Never mind. I remember now. He got his second loss EVER to an assistant. So, in the last year and 9 days, he has lost twice to assistants, something he had never done before, lost to TENNESSEE (a lower tier school 😂), something he has never done at alabama, and barely beat A&M and Texas (when I say barely, I mean BARELY). Face it man, the gap has closed and alabama isn't the dominant force they once were. Not only are they NOT #1 in the country, they aren't even #1 in their division of the SEC. TENNESSEE proved to these other schools that the dynasty is over. If I were you I would be in the film room helping with the game plan for State. Let's face it, none of alabama's remaining games are automatic wins except APSU. Even lowly Auburn usually plays alabama tough regardless of talent. If I were you I'd be very nervous.
Don't rule out apsu just yet. They are putting up a bunch of points this year 😂

I'll get back with you in a few weeks big guy. We will see if all this new found chest puffing after a narrow victory serves folks like you well come season end. I'm going to wager you'll be a bit heartbroken come January but you obviously think I'm wrong about everything else so we'll see. 😉
I would rather have a narrow victory than a narrow loss.

prstide

I would rather have a narrow victory than a narrow loss.
I totally agree with you. A win is a win and what's needed for a team to control it's own destiny.
It was a great victory for UT.
It's laughable to me that others on this thread are claiming world beater status over a last second, narrow victory and instead how the game should've been won by 21 instead of 3–but none of the same folks seem to be keen on a rematch in the SEC Championship. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Acorn

What about them VOLS!
Tennessee Football Ut GIF by Tennessee Athletics

chris1976

I totally agree with you. A win is a win and what's needed for a team to control it's own destiny.
It was a great victory for UT.
It's laughable to me that others on this thread are claiming world beater status over a last second, narrow victory and instead how the game should've been won by 21 instead of 3–but none of the same folks seem to be keen on a rematch in the SEC Championship. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This alabama team don't want Tennessee again this year. It won't be nearly as close the second time. Admit it or not but the Vols are going up and bammers are coming down. FINALLY!!! Your main defensive boogeyman has already admitted they were scared of Tennessee Saturday. They've got problems that can't be fixed in a few games.

prstide

This alabama team don't want Tennessee again this year. It won't be nearly as close the second time. Admit it or not but the Vols are going up and bammers are coming down. FINALLY!!! Your main defensive boogeyman has already admitted they were scared of Tennessee Saturday. They've got problems that can't be fixed in a few games.
😂

deerdills

Yep, the tide is headed downhill. Many of the "fans" are in denial this year, but will be rooting for another team next year.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
You mean THE best defensive player in all of college football that was held to one tackle and no sacks?
That was one of the most surprising outcomes of the game to me.
I mean like the team he plays for or not, he is an animal and WILL be playing on Sundays.
To shut him down like that was V E R Y impressive.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Many Bama fans did the same thing after the national championship game last season, not giving UGA credit for the win. Many said that an asterisk should be put by UGA's natty since Bama lost their top WRs (even though UGA played without their top WRs most of the season, or at least at less than 75% when they were available), even went so far as to claim that they were technically national champs anyhow.

It's just how many of them roll. But not all of them. I know some very classy Bama fans, including a few on here. Kudos to them

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I won't deny it, and I've said it since before the season, I'm worried about the game between my DAWGS (no, I don't mean "my" THAT way) and UT this season. UT has gotten better, have really good talent, and have really good fits for their system that are veterans in that system. UGA on the other hand has talent, but much of it is young and still developing, has had inconsistent QB play, and has shown vulnerability in several games so far this season.

I'm excited about UGA's chances for any game that they play, but I also know that they could easily fall. Finally, and I mean this in no condescending or insulting way, TN's offense is unique enough to give anyone fits much like GT was back when they ran the triple option. GT would always be good for one or two upsets per year just based upon their uniqueness alone, despite not having the best talent. UT is like that but with more speed and talent. Kudos to them (and Huepel) for building a unique system and a talented roster at the same time in such a short amount of time.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I won't deny it, and I've said it since before the season, I'm worried about the game between my DAWGS (no, I don't mean "my" THAT way) and UT this season. UT has gotten better, have really good talent, and have really good fits for their system that are veterans in that system. UGA on the other hand has talent, but much of it is young and still developing, has had inconsistent QB play, and has shown vulnerability in several games so far this season.

I'm excited about UGA's chances for any game that they play, but I also know that they could easily fall. Finally, and I mean this in no condescending or insulting way, TN's offense is unique enough to give anyone fits much like GT was back when they ran the triple option. GT would always be good for one or two upsets per year just based upon their uniqueness alone, despite not having the best talent. UT is like that but with more speed and talent. Kudos to them (and Huepel) for building a unique system and a talented roster at the same time in such a short amount of time.
What? An objective and well thought out reply regarding a football game??
Are you MAD ????

Seriously, you make some good points and it should be an awesome game. I am looking forward to it for sure.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
What? An objective and well thought out reply regarding a football game??
Are you MAD ????

Seriously, you make some good points and it should be an awesome game. I am looking forward to it for sure.
Yeah, I'm not the typical football fan. I was raised different than a lot of folks, many of which mean things all in good fun but rub me the wrong way sometimes. I've always enjoyed sports, but like to keep things levelheaded and civil. I probably take sportsmanship too seriously. You won't hear much more out of me than "Go DAWGS," and then some straightforward stuff about the game if they win. I don't crow about things or rub it in… I used to get my butt whipped for that when I was a kid, and I get onto my kids for that if they do it now :)

PalsPal

Good post.

TN fans have been starving for so long, that the concept of being gracious winner, to many of them, is something they've never had to deal with.

At the end of the day, it's a game played by young men, to entertain us.

Take the wins, take the losses, and move on to the next one.

Latest posts