Mob fixing SEC football

Gravey

Last edited:

deerhunter10

With the money involved in college and pro football nothing would surprise me. I have thought for several years the NFL has some weird things going on. But honestly we will probably never know.

Chiflyguy

Henry Hill from the Genovese family, remember Goodfellas, had games fixed at Boston College for basketball.

Spurhunter

So it's just not at ut ?
Every time I read a comment from you and think "this moron has reached the pinnacle of stupidity and it can only improve from here" you go and prove me wrong. I usually try not to pick on people with BB sized brains because they can't help how they were born, but you demand ridicule. I have met some world class imbeciles in my life, but every one of them looks like a Graduate Nuclear Engineering Student at MIT compared to you.

TNCharlie

Whether the story is true or not, I couldn't say. I have not tried to follow the story or dig into more details.

From what I read in the article I did not draw the conclusion that Hasan said that he was offered a bribe, That was indicated by whoever wrote the article. What Hasan said was that the goon told him that they (the "mob") bribed players in the SEC. Maybe my take is incorrect.

PillsburyDoughboy

Every time I read a comment from you and think "this moron has reached the pinnacle of stupidity and it can only improve from here" you go and prove me wrong. I usually try not to pick on people with BB sized brains because they can't help how they were born, but you demand ridicule. I have met some world class imbeciles in my life, but every one of them looks like a Graduate Nuclear Engineering Student at MIT compared to you.
Sucks to be me right ?

Were closing on our retirement dream in PCB very soon. I'm not feeling sorry for myself and neither should you.

Here is my view. Enjoy

Attachments

• 20240310_153359.jpg
    20240310_153359.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 23

Spurhunter

Sucks to be me right ?

Were closing on our retirement dream in PCB very soon. I'm not feeling sorry for myself and neither should you.

Here is my view. Enjoy
Oh, I know all about your 2 houses plus a lake house and retiring at 50. Now I find out you are retiring to the beach. That's the funny thing about anonymity on the internet. You can be anybody you want to be. But eventually reality sets in and you are back at the single wide you rent at the trailer park.

I'm at the beach in Destin, visiting Niagara Falls, and skiing in Aspen, all at the same time! Here's my view:

Screenshot_20240310-164757_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20240310-164930_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20240310-164539_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Crow Terminator

If you got up to the higher tiers of the games, there's probably scripting/manipulation in a little bit of everything. It's entertainment...just like a movie or show. And with billions of dollars flowing around. Teams get paid to win and paid to lose. I was a huge NASCAR fan until I picked up on them doing one too many "Cinderella story book endings" to every tragic occasion. Example...the fill in driver Kevin Harvick win at Atlanta immediately following the death of Earnhardt, driving for the Earnhardt team and crew...photo finishing at the end just like Earnhardt had the year prior. Holding the #3 out the window....that kinda stuff. How many other fill in drivers have won a race that you can think of....let alone, under those conditions. It was rather touching and what the nascar world needed and tugged at the heart strings/emotions. Exactly part of what entertainment is supposed to do.

PillsburyDoughboy

Oh, I know all about your 2 houses plus a lake house and retiring at 50. Now I find out you are retiring to the beach. That's the funny thing about anonymity on the internet. You can be anybody you want to be. But eventually reality sets in and you are back at the single wide you rent at the trailer park.

I'm at the beach in Destin, visiting Niagara Falls, and skiing in Aspen, all at the same time! Here's my view:

View attachment 219106
View attachment 219107
View attachment 219108
Boardwalk and Parkplace I get a free toaster

Latest posts