College Football Future

chris1976

I don't care to watch Pate but the present of college football is disgusting much less the future. Am I still going to watch? Yep, but the pride in the game and the team is diminished. It's still entertainment but I'm slowly losing my love. Oh well, nothing ever stays the same. Go Vols.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I like good football, and don't care (all that much anyway) what team it is. There will still be good football played, but it will be different just like football in 2023 was way different than football in 1983. Pretty wild to watch old games and see how different (and the same too) it is now.

PillsburyDoughboy

So I've either been green striped by everybody on here or nobody has an opinion on the future of college football. 😂
I think Josh pate brought up some interesting points about Coaches on the horizon looking to take a break from College Football and possibly take a role on TV for awhile or move on to the NFL. He mentioned Mullen and the eyes that are on him.

He lives somewhere in downtown Nashville apparently and does all of his stuff in a studio downtown Nashville.

DayDay

2-Step Enabled
The NIL and transfer portal are out of control and will be difficult to get something reasonable put in place. Per NCAA rules: Schools or collection of individuals are not allowed to condition payment of NIL compensation on a student-athlete's attendance at a particular school. Boosters are not allowed to have contact with recruits and discuss potential NIL opportunities. Schools aren't allowed to contact players that are currently on another team unless those players have entered the portal.

I think there are a lot of direct and indirect contacts and discussions taking place and the NCAA has no way to keep up. Any controls will likely be challenged in court or lead to some type of player's union. NIL deals are made for athletes in multiple sports but football and men's basketball get the most attention.

(My comments don't really relate to the video but they relate to the title.)

Latest posts