College football playoff Predictor

BamaProud

Oh ye of little faith, Bammer back in the top 4:
1699285594624.png

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
They may get there but gonna need quite a bit of help.
View attachment 202112
Yep. And we need to remember that it's more important WHEN you loose than WHO you lose to. If a couple of the current undefeated teams lose, the current one loss teams could very well move ahead of them. Let's say Penn St wins out, their only loss being a hard fought battle against OSU, would they be ahead of Alabama? If Texas and Alabama win out, who's the higher ranked team? Let's make sure that the reasoning that is given is the same reasoning one used in the past for their team…Alabama.

PillsburyDoughboy

Yep. And we need to remember that it's more important WHEN you loose than WHO you lose to. If a couple of the current undefeated teams lose, the current one loss teams could very well move ahead of them. Let's say Penn St wins out, their only loss being a hard fought battle against OSU, would they be ahead of Alabama? If Texas and Alabama win out, who's the higher ranked team? Let's make sure that the reasoning that is given is the same reasoning one used in the past for their team…Alabama.
From the CFP website: "The selection committee ranks the teams based on the members' evaluation of the teams' performance on the field, using conference championships won, strength of schedule, head-to-head results, and comparison of results against common opponents to decide among teams that are comparable."Jan 6, 2023

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
One game can turn those percentages upside down
That's both the beauty and the ugliness of football. I don't know how else it can be done in football, but multi-game series is by far a better way to ensure the best team is crowned the best. There's a lot of talk about strength of schedule, but I think that's not worth much. You could have the best team in the country that played a weak schedule not make it to the playoff, and no one would ever know that they were the best team. College basketball, with the tournament, makes for awesome TV, but it doesn't mean that the best team in the country wins the championship. I'm ok with that, because I understand that.

PillsburyDoughboy

Quite the quandary as a Vol fan. If we win out and beat UGA that'd be awesome but at the same time helping Bama. Hard to know what to root for there. :)
At this point in the season as a ALABAMA fan with one loss I see it as ALABAMA needs to win out the rest of the season Strong and when I say strong I say with commanding performances. Need to make it to Atlanta and dominate that game as well. Show the committee that ALABAMA is one of the 4th best teams in the country to play for the National Championship regardless of Win/Loss Record. I think anything less on ALABAMA part will mean sitting on the sidelines again this season. JMHO. I think the team AND Nick Saban realizes this as well.

Latest posts