Official Post Rut Thread

rem270

I heard a buck this morning before i even seen it. He let out a huge grunt, or maybe even a growl and i see him barreling after a doe. About an hr i hear him again and they come back by.

He was dogging her hard

kgt

All I'm seeing in east TN is does, does, and more does. I've seen one buck all season! Does are still in groups too. Waiting on the next set of doe days so I can hopefully put some more meat in the freezer.

catman529

williamsport (western maury county) has been dead this weekend, did not see a deer on the hoof until the very end of the 3 day hunt when I shot a doe and fawn at dusk, no sign of bucks, talking to other guys there it sounds like the rut is over there. Plus with the weather and moon the deer were just not moving. I did kill 2 bucks when the rut was heating up and peaking in williamson so I am satisfied, now if I can find one more nice buck by pure luck and fill my last tag that would be cool. If not it's been a great season. and I will still be back in the woods till season closes....

edit - correction - yes sign of bucks, saw a couple fresh scrapes, did not see any bucks on hoof.

Super8

They been out all night and heading to bedding areas at first light..picking the right spot to set up in is tough this time of year.
I have seen a few Bucks making sure they didnt miss any doe's, kind of circle the ladies and move on quickly back to the thick stuff.

Josiah

If it is, I missed it. I hunt Percy Priest and am in the woods at least two days a week. This year I didn't see rutting activity anywhere near like I did last year. Maybe my locations just weren't as active this year. I hunted pretty consistently since start of ML.

catman529

Josiah said:
If it is, I missed it. I hunt Percy Priest and am in the woods at least two days a week. This year I didn't see rutting activity anywhere near like I did last year. Maybe my locations just weren't as active this year. I hunted pretty consistently since start of ML.
not sure what priest is like compared to williamson county but on private land here the buck interest started picking up around when ML opened and went on until gun season. But in between buck sightings I still had days where I sat in the stand and saw few deer or just a bunch of does and fawns with no sign of rutting, so every day is different and I guess you have to be in the right spot at the right time.

A

Anonymous

dead here in smith county also,not much activity and only does if anything still grouped together in three or more

woodsman87

They were chasing alot this weekend in southern middle TN and north AL.
big bucks too.
Too bad my weekend is over and it never got below 50 and got above 70 both days. Looks like I will pretty much miss the rut this year. Hot all week long. Even next saturday upper 60s again. I love the rut but hate how it is here and gone in about 10 days.

Winchester

With warm temps and the timing here in East TN things are slowing down fast. Id say by next wknd things will be getting back to normal fast!

Latest posts