Official East TN Rut Report

Camo

Buddy killed a huge 10 on private property in Oak Ridge this am. Said he had not seen him on camera all summer. Looks like it's on the verge if not here all ready.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Heard more chasing and grunting across the draw this morning, and saw 1 spike cruising through. I shot 2 old does yesterday morning and they were still together, but a little spike was harassing them. Both does smelled very strongly and their hocks were starting to turn, but I think that they were not there yet...

dmitchell28

Okay, the glory of working 3rds as a police officer...I can tell you when it is hot! and let me tell you it is hot as of the past 2 days...bucks chasing EVERYWHERE

Ladys man

MattR said:
I wish I could make it to East Tn before Thanksgiving. Chasing will probably be done by then

The way it looks at my place I think your timing would be perfect my area (elk valley Campbell cty)

Millaway31

Im in Moore county and there is no putting activity here, seems to be most deer movement from 11am to about 2pm. Seen a really nice buck Wednesday at 1245 with a doe but she was following him and he never paid her any attention. Maybe this cooler weather next week will bring things alive. Good luck everybody

Millaway31

Im in Moore county and there is no putting activity here, seems to be most deer movement from 11am to about 2pm. Seen a really nice buck Wednesday at 1245 with a doe but she was following him and he never paid her any attention. Maybe this cooler weather next week will bring things alive. Good luck everybody

conwaylale

I saw a big body 6 moving through the thick before shooting light. Probably going to bed. that thicket has a rub line all the way around it. Haven't seen a scrape yet.

Racknquack

Bradley county here. Had two small bucks a six and seven point come by with nose to ground grunting their heads off. Tarsals jet black. Most rut sign I've seen this week. Hopefully it's picking up

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Starting to see the does break up in Rhea/Hamilton, even tough there are still many running together. The buck that I shot this morning was somewhat cruising, and his neck was just starting to swell. My dad watched a 4pt follow a doe early this afternoon, but it was not dogging her hard. Deer are running everywhere at all times of the day right now, but still not seeing a lot of big boys out in the open.

Still a little spotty, but I think that it will be cranking up within the next week or two.

pseshooter300

Had a buck grunting yesterday morning down over the hill from me was not day light enough for me to get a shot. He was by him self

Latest posts