West TN rut

muddyboots

For some odd reason, we are the earliest estrus in the area. It's been that way for a long time (I suspect because of our crazy adult sex ratio, which heavily favors bucks). Once estrus is over on our place, it's just starting in the surrounding area, so all the oldest bucks leave.
Do you have a good late season food?

gatodoc

I'm in a stand and it's a beautiful morning cold with little wind but no deer movement.

Yesterday only saw one young buck and a big guy chasing a doe. I think the bucks are locked down in the thick stuff with the estrus does and the rest of the does are laying low to avoid harassment.

Hopefully movement will return shortly.

BSK

I'm in a stand and it's a beautiful morning cold with little wind but no deer movement.

Yesterday only saw one young buck and a big guy chasing a doe. I think the bucks are locked down in the thick stuff with the estrus does and the rest of the does are laying low to avoid harassment.

Hopefully movement will return shortly.
With all the crazy chasing I witnessed on cam this year, starting in late September, I've never seen does so jumpy about feeding in food plots, day or night. Video of does feeding in food plots shows them getting chased out of the plots by aggressive bucks over and over. These does are on high alert all the time. They enter food plots - even in the middle of the night - like they just smelled a hunter. They are on high alert and with hair triggers ready to bolt.

Latest posts