Official East TN Rut Report

Treestand Troubadour

I hunt carter Johnson and Washington county, I've been seein lots of does but no bucks lately id say next few days the bucks will start showin themselves as long as I can keep seein the does

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
I saw several little bucks "cruising" over the weekend, and had 2 little bucks chase a doe within 20yd of my treestand on Saturday. I shot a small piebald 8pt yesterday whose hocks were not even dark yet. Seems to be a mixed bag here, with mostly little bucks doing their thing early with unreceptive does.

droptyne

Here in Knox county I have seen 20 plus does during my last three outings. There was one small 4 point in one of the groups but there was no sign of interest. With this cold front and a few more days I expect things to change

conwaylale

Seen a 4 point running a doe around the field late last night. She didnt want anything to do with him. This is in Greenback. I hope the ruts behind cause my ML is broke and im down to one arrow. The 23rd isnt too far away.

JN

I have seen a few small bucks chasing doe but not any larger bucks. At our farm it is usually around the 15-20th that it really heats up and it is looking like I wont be able to hunt any during that time. It will prob be after thanksgiving before things settle down and I can get back in the woods.

Winchester

I just got my first report from a buddy at Y-12 that a mature buck was really dogging a doe this morning. #1 sighting for this area as of yet! Its about time here, hope the weather cooperates the next 2 weeks.

MUP

hancockhunter said:
Im thinking this weekend things should be kicking off. Will be a good time to be in the stand.

My thinking as well, at least for my local area. Bucks are starting to move at my place, but still have does and bucks feeding together, young bucks that is. I did see a mature buck by himself yesterday morning, just didn't get a clear shot at him.

Winchester

Woods lit up with rubs and scrapes this morning. seems the last couple days have saw our bucks starting to get more interested.

RiverBuck10

(Hamilton Co.) Harrison area I saw a shooter cruising and a spike under my stand Thursday morning(today)! Didn't see any does or chasing!! Still a little ways out I think! This heat spell Isn't going to help in my opinion!!

hancockhunter

Weather supposed to be in 60's saturday and 70's sunday. At least we won't be freezing our arsses off. It seems everyyear West and Central TN's rut kicks off earlier than East TNs does. Anyone using any estrus scent, at least for cover scent, yet?

buckmaster31

Hawkins co dads seen few bucks on their feet but no sign of rut activity I've been stuck hunting a food plot over last week in evening bc of wrk dnt get to lease n time to make it n wood(food plot only 2 min walk from where I park) and haven't seen a deer n it since last wed and it not looking good this weekend finally can hunt all day this weekend and fricking warm front comin throug