East TN big buck

rem270

Imagine what a one buck limit and serious crackdown on poaching could do.
Even if it wasn't dropped to a one buck limit I could see a split buck limit having some benefits. Say one buck from opening of archery through muzzleloader then one buck from rifle opener to close of season. That would save a lot of bucks because a high percentage of folks don't archery hunt and just a few more muzzleloader hunt.

Believe me, the one buck limit in ky has saved A LOT of deer just by me over the years.

But I don't deer hunt in tn much so I really don't have a dog in the fight.

jlanecr500

I killed this one a few years ago about 5 miles from Catoosa.

20131119_134240.jpg
20131119_065800.jpg

And his grandson last year.
20221113_102608.jpg

Ski

Truth be known a lot of the big public deer never get posted to social media.

I don't have social media so none of my kills are seen. I do post a few here with yall but I've had a lifetime of hunting before joining this site. My brother's walls are covered in giants and aside from family & a few close friends nobody knows it. Most of his were public land deer.

This is the only pic of this deer and I only took it because I just happened to swing by his place to say hello and he was in process of skinning it out. No kill pics. No hero shots. I wish I'd have gotten a better angle to show how big it really was, but I just snapped a quick one. Otherwise there'd be no pics of it all. Just another big buck to him. The boy couldn't tell you where the escape key is on a keyboard, but he could tell you everything about the deer woods.

1702578353017.jpeg

I don't have social media so none of my kills are seen. I do post a few here with yall but I've had a lifetime of hunting before joining this site. My brother's walls are covered in giants and aside from family & a few close friends nobody knows it. Most of his were public land deer.

This is the only pic of this deer and I only took it because I just happened to swing by his place to say hello and he was in process of skinning it out. No kill pics. No hero shots. I wish I'd have gotten a better angle to show how big it really was, but I just snapped a quick one. Otherwise there'd be no pics of it all. Just another big buck to him. The boy couldn't tell you where the escape key is on a keyboard, but he could tell you everything about the deer woods.

View attachment 207472
I take pics but they rarely make it to social media which is neither good nor bad just my personal choice, most consistent hunters give out very little info, because of the way many people are. I help out my friends that I trust, most good public deer are killed during the off-season, figuratively speaking with scouting and understanding the area you choose to hunt, the other hunters and a little dumb luck.

timberjack86

Big Frog Mountain
Hmm I wonder how far it was killed from one of the areas I hunted last year. Seen multiple large rubs in that area but the buck wouldn't show. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was him lol regardless congrats to the hunter! Buck of a lifetime from that mountain!!!!

Joe2Kool

A couple of nice bucks for sure. Congrats to the hunters!

And yes, the North Cumberland WMA is steep and rough. No deer there either. Nothing to see there.

Rackseeker

Hmm I wonder how far it was killed from one of the areas I hunted last year. Seen multiple large rubs in that area but the buck wouldn't show. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that was him lol regardless congrats to the hunter! Buck of a lifetime from that mountain!!!!
Must of been pretty remote, they quartered it and packed it out.

Rackseeker

I know its a large area but I wouldn't be giving locations on Facebook.

East TN Bowhunter

Even if it wasn't dropped to a one buck limit I could see a split buck limit having some benefits. Say one buck from opening of archery through muzzleloader then one buck from rifle opener to close of season. That would save a lot of bucks because a high percentage of folks don't archery hunt and just a few more muzzleloader hunt.

Believe me, the one buck limit in ky has saved A LOT of deer just by me over the years.

But I don't deer hunt in tn much so I really don't have a dog in the fight.
I like this idea!

Latest posts